I’ve been an aspiring writer most of my life.
My family has been forced to endure countless stories. They are a captive audience since I’m the cook in the house.
Listen or starve.
Surprisingly, they are big fans. Because they are a hungry lot.
I’ve mentioned before that I could wallpaper my bathroom with rejection letters from publishers.
But that would be weird.
Blogging has quenched my thirst to be published. For now.
I will have a book one day. Count on it.
Thanks to one of my readers, Amanda, for introducing me to Blurb. I’ve had so much fun reading about this amazing service that actually takes your blog posts, pictures, even comments and creates beautiful hardcover books.
Now, you won’t see me pedaling my books at a lemon aid stand near you, although I did think about
making my kids do it. I could make great posters and set up my card table in front of Border’s Books. Oh, I kill myself.
But I do plan on having my favorite posts and
I also thought Grandparents might appreciate a book too. Of course, one of my favorite Blurb features is choosing what would go in each book. I wouldn’t exactly want my father-in-law to know I thought he looked like a ‘trucker’ in the 70′s. I’m smart, that way.
Click here to read more about creating a blog book.
Here are some great features of creating a blog book with Blurb.
- Works with many blogging platforms – Supports Blogger, LiveJournal.com, TypePad, and WordPress.com blogs.
- Edit in real time – Allows you to customize and edit your book as little or as much as you like.
- High quality – Our Hardcover, Dust Jacket,Hardcover, ImageWrap and Softcover books all feature professional bindings and coated, semi-matte paper. Up to 440 pages accommodate thousands of blog posts.
- Fast turnaround – Orders arrive on your doorstep in approximately 7 to 10 business
- Automatic slurp action (watch the video) – Imports and maps blog text, images, comments, and links into professionally designed page layouts.
- Affordable – Prices start at onl
y $12.95 for a 40-page softcover, $22.95 for Hardcover, Dust Jacket and $24.95 for Hardcover, ImageWrap. The bookmaking software is free.
For more great tips that work for other people, check out Works for Me Wednesday.