Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You- A Star is Born

Welcome to this week’s Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You Carnival. If you want to join in, you can read the guidelines here. A flashback giveaway next week for linky participants!

I have always loved drama.  As a young girl, I would spend hours crafting plays.

Starring me.

When I got into high school, I joined the drama team.  It was pretty pathetic.  Mainly because I was an untalented introvert with a love for the stage, not exactly a dynamic combo.

But I continued to try out for school plays.  I landed an understudy role.  (Which commits you to a lot of work, no glory and a sick dream of the true actress getting hurt, so you can take her place.)

I did land the role of a ghost with two lines when I was a sophomore.  The director reminded me at every practice to ‘get into my character.’  I had difficulty with this.

You know, since I was alive.

My junior year, my church drama department took a chance on me for a huge part in their annual play.

I just new this would be my big break.

And although this a part I hope I never play again, it was a true moment of glory.

Because I was born to be a star.

Okay.  Let’s hear it!

Comments

1. Ok, Where Was I? says

That’s funny. And I got all excited b/c I was yelling (in my head) “me too! Me too!” I wanted to be an actor, but I didn’t want to have to get up on stage in front of people and say things. So my big role in high school was one of three under some kind of tarp thing as some kind of creature. I wish I could remember what it was supposed to be, but we had no lines and just had to slink across the stage a few times. My heart pounded!

Oh my goodness that is a precious picture :)

You do make the cutest little pig I ever have seen. May I ask what play required these wonderful acting abilities?

By the way I think I might have you beat on the “fro” thing. :)

aww.. man Now there is Tea on my keyboard! I should not drink and read at the same time.. I may sputter my drink when laughter strikes!
    Great photo! Great story..your rise to fame!

I’m glad my coffee cup was empty! ROFL! But you are so adorable!!

You are a star…from someone whose mouth would freeze shut at the mere thought of being on stage!

I am sitting in the Yale New Haven Hospital waiting room and just scrolled down to see that picture of you and burst out laughing so hard, they may actually require a psychiatric eval. before they let me leave!

You are hilarious!

In all your greatness, I just don’t know if I could have posted that picture of myself. Too funny. I guess if we can’t laugh at our self what can we laugh at??

Not the picture I was expecting and I’m so glad I didn’t have any coffee in my mouth!

At least you didn’t wear that costume for a school play ’cause it most certainly would have made it into the yearbook to be immortalized for all eternity!

Thanks for the laugh!
    Dawn

That is very flattering – definitely a Fight the Frump candidate ;-) I played Winnie the Pooh’s Rabbit when I was 14 but that’s almost forgiveable, dont you think? Thankfully I don’t have a picture of it. What I want to be actually, is not an actor, but a singer. Mary Chapin Carpenter or Shaniah Twain. :-)

9. Growin' with it says

Darling sweet piggie! You are brave in so many ways. I love seeing how this carnival fun is growing btw. I could sit all day laughing and reminiscing with all these fabulous bloggers. Great idea.

LOL….LOVE IT! I had my big break in 2nd grade….I was the Owl in ‘Hansel and Gretel’. Are you ready for this…I had to say “Whoo-Whoo”. I almost fainted I was so nervous. ;O)

Oh that is hilarious! You pulled it off, though! I had to be a cow in a Christmas play when I was a child and I was mortified. But, a pig – wow. My hat goes off to you.

The fact that you wore it and have a photo to prove it, is amazing! You have guts!

I’m glad to participate this time, I’ve really enjoyed reading Jen’s entries.

13. dfh says

What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It absolutely
    useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & help different
    users like its helped me. Good job.

Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your content seem to be running off the screen
    in Safari. I’m not sure if this is a formatting issue or something to do with internet browser compatibility but I figured I’d
    post to let you know. The design and style look great though!

Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Thanks