- 1) Firmly say “No bite!” and remove the biting child offender from the situation.
2) Administer an appropriate consequence such as removal of the toy or a time-out for a biting child.
3) Lavish positive attention on the bitten person.
4) Use distraction between young kids and watch their interaction closely to avoid placing youngsters–especially one to be known to be a biting child–in a conflict situation.
5) Resist the temptation to bite a biting child back as a way to “show them” their wrongs. Use a positive approach instead. You don’t want your toddler telling his teacher that he bites because that’s what his parents do!