My daughter is dramatic.
- Absolutely NO stomachs showing.
- You must be able to lift your arms up and stretch without showing skin.
- No spaghetti straps or tank tops.
- No girl gym shorts or other short shorts.
- Longer shorts are okay.
- No skirts above the knee
- No underwear showing, even when you bend over.
- No bra straps showing, or see through shirts.
- Tank tops or camisoles are suggested for wearing under anything thin or see through.
- No extremely low, tight, or gaping shirts
- Swimwear must be modest (no two piece swimsuits, please) for the last day, which is Water Day.
Literally as I read this list, my bra strap slipped from under my tank top. Boy, did I suddenly feel trashy.
We live in Texas. And the dictionary defines Texas as HOT, like Africa. Oh, yeah, just check.
But we don’t do half or strapless shirts. I don’t like for her belly to show and she’s very self-conscious about even the band of her underwear showing, so really short things are out.
If you were to ask me, I’d say modesty is important to me.
But after I read this, I knew I hadn’t really thought it through thoroughly or shopped accordingly.
I mean, will she want to wear a bikini 4 or 5 years from now because I let her now?
Bottom line for me (and I don’t expect everyone to agree): I want to raise modest daughters who love their bodies and don’t feel the need to show it off.