Answers Part II
Way back when, you asked me some questions. I answered the blogging questions first. Because I am an expert.
Basically, those questions were just easier to answer than these. It’s not that I don’t want to get personal with you, darling, I’m just afraid you will not be impressed
lulled to sleep by my riveting life.
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years? In 10 years I will be 45. Give me a moment because suddenly I’m feeling a crik (southern talk for ache) in my back. Thank you. In 10 years, we will be living on some land in an old home outside of Texas. I will be writing up a storm and my mantle will be lined with autographed copies of my first book. Because I am that vain. We will also be preparing for my first born’s high school graduation. Excuse me while I go stunt her growth.
- Were you born in Texas? Born and raised and then my hubby and I lived in Arkansas, New Mexico and Florida. We love Texas, but land is expensive here, so there might come a day . . .
- What does your back yard look like? I am so glad you didn’t ask me this pre-stimulus check. We just did a major overhaul. Because sinkholes are not my friend and I didn’t want to breed mosquitos for a living anymore. You can read way more than you want to right here. And there are pictures, lots of pictures, oooh, you are so lucky! Aren’t you glad you stayed?
- Does your car stay clean? I think this question is just mean. You can read about what can be found in my car on any given day here. (This is probably the point you lose the rest of the respect you had for me).
- What’s the update on the squirrels? I don’t want to talk about it. Okay, if you insist. They have taken over. Please help us. I’m talking out of the side of my mouth so the squirrel that is holding a gun-shaped nut to my temple won’t hear me. Thanks for asking.
- What two colors would you paint your toes for the rest of your life? I’m not certified to paint my own toes. And I like French Manicures. So, those colors.
- What are some of your favorite books? For years, I devoured Historical Christian Fiction like Brock & Bodie Thoene’s series and Lori Wick. Lately, I’ve been into Jodi Piccoult. I loved The Plain Truth. I’m in a neighborhood book club that exposes me to things I wouldn’t normally pick up. Right now, I’m reading The Shack. I’m pretty sure it’s going to change my life.
- What is the most annoying thing about being a mom? The laundry. Oh, and the waiting in car lines, doctor’s offices, etc. I’m not a good waiter. And I can’t leave out, looking for ticks in the privates. Just keeping it real.
- What’s your favorite dinner? The one that’s cooked FOR me.
- What’s your favorite ice cream? Blue Bell. Any flavor. It’s the best ice cream in the country. Don’t even argue with me about that.
- How does McDonald’s sweet tea compare to Southern? This question made me weep. I have puffy eyes and a heavy heart. It does not compare. Be good to yourself and try this.
- What things do you say to your kids that your mom said to you? Ask your father. Because I said so. Don’t wipe your boogers on your clothes.
- What are two things you can’t live without?(besides family) Total carnal answer here: my macbook and my iphone. I’m an Apple girl, through and through.
- What is the meaning of life? This link will take you to the best answer for this question. It’s long, but powerful and I fully believe it.
- What is your ‘come to Jesus’ story? I love this question! And since I don’t want to mix it in with the above nonsense, I think I’ll save it for it’s own post!