A Crazy Wonderful Week

Well. Family Camp.  It was amazing.  And not just because I had low expectations.  I just didn’t

expect this  all week long!

And while I would love to delight you with all 400 photos, I must save some of my vacation splendor for the little Sizzlin’ Summer Vacation Spectacle that I’m hosting on August 29th.  You can read all about the giveaway-linky-frenzy, here.  You don’t want to miss it!

I will say, it was one high  after another

While the kids ran amuck with their counselors at Family Camp, the parents participated in an amazing parenting conference, focusing on raising great kids.

Umm, yeah . . . we completely needed it! (I’ll be sharing some of the fabulous parenting tips I learned later next month)!

I thought I would share the two parts of Family Camp I mentioned the other day: the  theme nights and the talent show.

Theme Nights:

It’s a Mystery

THAT family disguised themselves into various characters for the evening.

It was scary.

This woman looks familiar, but she’s a real enigma.

Sixties Night (I’m so glad we didn’t listen to my son who thought it was sexy night!)

Aren’t we groovy?

I’m at Peace!
Fiesta Night was muy caliente!

I fell desperately in love with these two Latinos on Fiesta night!
The Talent Show

THAT family entered the talent show, but we forgot the peanut butter (much to hubby’s relief) for our family’s disgusting skit.

God is good.

So, we created a magic ‘enlarging machine’ thanks to reader, Wendy M. for the idea.

What happens when you throw a rag in? . . . . you get a towel!

What happens when you put in some coins? . . . . you get a $5 bill!

What happens when you spit into the machine?  Ask the front row, who were doused with a water gun!

And this is what happens when you throw a toy baby doll in the machine hidden behind the curtain! You get a live one . . .

Who discovered a new love for all things sticky! Hey, it was her vacation too!

THAT family came home dirty, tired and committed to one another.

We even had time to be alone and reconnect! (My new favorite picture because we were on a boat, watching the sun set!  I’m telling ya’ll this camp was something else!) Notice how many times I’ve used !!! in this post?

Check out this Pine Cove button  .  If you want to experience a trip of a lifetime and grow closer to God as a family, this is for you! I don’t think I’ve ever been served in a greater capacity, laughed more or challenged greater.  We also met some amazing families.

Make plans to link up at the Sizzlin Summer Vacation Spectacle and you’ll see what other kind of fun was had by THAT family!

P.S.  I’m happy to report that we did not make ONE visit to the ER during our week at Family Camp. We only had to seek out the camp nurse for bug bites, a blister, a sore throat and my son’s bleeding gums from the tooth he lost. We did map out the nearest major medical center, because I like to be prepared.  I’m just sayin’.

Comments

That is an awesome deal to have a “family” camp. I have never heard of this before. What a wonderful way for a family to vacation yet grow closer and learn how to be a stronger family. This is truly an amazing concept. I will be checking out the pine cone button!

Too fun! I will be clicking the pine cone, too…

I have to tell you, those are the most unusual pants I’ve ever seen! They were perfect for your outfit!

Kudos on the skit, too. I was looking forward to hearing about the toothbrush skit, but this sounded fun, too!

No ER visits? God is SO good!! LOL

We have one closer, somewhere in Michigan, though I can’t remember the name of it. My friend who moved to San Antonio just drove all the way up here for it over 4th of July. I’m fowarding her the Pinecone link.

What a fun post! Makes me wish my family could attend family camp! Thanks for sharing a taste of how God blessed your family this week.

I grew up going to Pinecove camps! Just love it there. What is the name of the camp you went to–I looked at it a few months ago considering the family ones, etc.?

That sounds like a WONDERFUL week! I could see us enjoying something like that when the kids get older!
    GREAT job on the costumes and I love that your son thought it was sexy night instead of 60 night… wouldn’t quite be a family camp I am guessing if it was the other way around!

Sounds like a good time was had by all. I wish our church would do something like that. I might have to put a bug in somebody’s ear!

I love the enlarging machine. That may come in handy one day!!

Glad you’re back!

Your kids are adorable. I laughed at your youngest in the family pictures. She didn’t look too excited. She’s such a cutie!

You are inspiring…and creative…and hilarious…and FUN!!! Looks like a great way to spend a family vacation. Did anyone else have costumes as cool as yours? Can’t wait for more!

I was mentioning to Hd tonight that your family went to Family camp and I wonder where such a thing is and what do you do and then you post all about it. It sounds like an amazing trip! I love the costumes!

We’re going to a Family Camp very similar to that over Labor Day weekend – it’s at the same place I just went for Moms’ Summer Camp. It’s called Camp Allen and it’s in Navasota, Texas. It was great!

Looks like ya’ll had a BLAST! Can’t wait to hear more about it!

Love some Pine Cove. We visited frequently for singles retreats before I was blessed w/ my man. What a wonderful time and great pictures.

I have heard many great things from friends who go every year for family camp. Perhaps we should jump on the bandwagon next year.