We are THAT Family
... you know the ones.
You know those little packets that come in your shoe boxes?
Don’t scare us like that! But thank you for the very helpful service announcement. Nice of you to find that out for us.
They threw those packets into our boxes for shipment by the handful and still we had mildew!) Every time I think I have found them all I find a new packet ripped open someplace. Do you know that in addition to being a choke hazard those little beads hurt when you step on them?
I think poison control knows us by name, now. The borax, the miracle grow, the double dose of cold medicine…I could go on. They must wonder who is watching these kids.
Thanks for the very helpful tip!
Thanks for the tip… I’m sorry you had to be the one to tell us, lol. Glad everything is OK, though!
Choking hazard? Well my son can swallow 2 quarters so I guess we are in the clear with the poison pellets…
I am praying you all got out of there yesterday and got gas! Hopefully the power will come back on soon!
Thanks for the info…that’s VERY good to know!
Thanks, I always wondered if they were poison. Glad they weren’t and
Thanks, I know I will need this some day.
I don’t know, it seems that they would be toxic to me! Almost like the mold away you can get for your boat or even sick in your closets! I know I would be freking out if I found that. Better to be safe than sorry!
Thanks for the tip. =)
Just about had a heart attack over that one! Thanks for the heads up.
One of my twins ate a packet of silica out of a shoebox while we were still in the store. I hadn’t even paid for the shoes yet! I made them call poison control (It was a Toys ‘R Us and they didn’t have poison control on speed dial? Ridiculous.) and they said it was just salt and to give him lots of water. He was fine. I was a wreck.
Thanks for letting us know!
So far my daughter has only drank things link rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, and 409. each time it is the same: plenty of liquids and watch to see if she gets sick. I have poison control on my cell phone speed dial.
Good to know!
oh my gosh! I HATE those things. I have no doubt my Big Man will eat one sooner or later. Thanks for the tip!
I’ve always wondered about those things.
My sister ate one of those once. My parents called the poison control center and they said just to have her drink milk.
I had this exact same thing happen to me a few days ago! I found it in the baby’s room. I totally freaked, even though it wasn’t open. But it was damp and I freaked! Needless to say, I gave the baby a completely physical and dental check up and then threw that packet away!
Oh my goodness! I would freak out! I hope your little darling is ok and that what poison control said was correct!
I LOVE reading your blog.God Bless!
You know, I actually ate one of those once just to see what would happen.
Yes, I know, but I was young at the time.
It was very gritty. And gross.
Glad everything is ok with your baby…why do they have to put EVERYTHING in their mouths? I caught a nickel in my one year-old’s mouth yesterday. And I’m pretty sure she’s swallowed a couple of ants along the way too…ick! Thanks for the FYI and the giggle (after I learned that no babies were harmed in the making of this post)!
Well, that will save me a heart attack in the future. Thank you!
Thanks for taking one for the team! We really appreciate you trying these parenting/health issues out for us. I’m sure I’ll be returning the favor soon. Safe travels!
I would rather learn about things that this from you than experience them myself. Thanks for keeping us all informed.
When you call posion control in AZ they ask for your name and phone number. They call you back to check up on you.
I had to call so many times with my first daughter I started giving them the wrong name because I was afraid they would call CPS!!
YEP! I’ve had to call for silica gel. The poison control lady’s tone… let’s just say I think she thought I was an idiot for not knowing that it isn’t poisonous.
So thank you for this post.
She said it’s pretty much like sand…
OH, I know about this all to well myself! When I called he said it is nothing but a gel and not harmful if swallowed. I said, “well, then why does it say DO NOT EAT?” He said, matter of factly, “Because it’s not food!” HAHA I felt so dumb!
I like your blog!
OH MY STARS… Phew! Thank the Lord they aren't poisonous. I always thought they were – then again, I bet they sure do make the tongue & throat dry on the way down. UGH!
徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 , 外遇 ,
I am new to reading your blog and it's AMAZING!! I am a mother of a soon to be 18 month old boy and I am still trying to organize my schedule and my house:) I must say I had quite the scare when he was about 11 months old. I saw the same package in the living room ripped open. I called the poison control center too (in tears). Wow was I relieved as I finished scraping them out of his mouth. I love your blog and I actually had the same idea with the plates as picture frames. I made some for my mom and mother in law 2 years ago!:)God bless, Allissa
HI! I'm Kristen. I'm here to encourage you as a wife and mom and remind you there's a little bit of THAT family in all of us. I write books, run Mercy House and try to remember I am third (God first, others second). I'm glad you're here.
Copyright 2008-2013 Kristen, We are THAT Family | Blog design copyright 2010 Graphically DesigningBuilt on Pixel Happy and Genesis by Studiopress.