On a Wing and a Prayer

My hubby stayed up most of the night thinking about gas.

Sorry. The lack of electictricy has brought out the fifth grade boy in me.

Gasoline, that is.

He crunched numbers and decided we should be able to make it far enough to replenish our tank. We are heading to Oklahoma! And I am very excited about the thought of a hot shower and food that doesn’t involve potted meat.

School has been cancelled until power is restored. My kids are devasted.

So, I hope to offer you some regular updates of our exciting air conditioned world this week and maybe some pictures of our neighborhood.

Please pray that we get to my inlaws farm in Oklahoma safely and please pray that Alice the cat doesn’t go potty again in the car.

I really wish I could tell you I was kidding.

Our little Russian friends fared well and last night we cooked our remaining food with them and shared our supplies.

Oh, and one more thing, I could seriously use a glass of sweet tea soon, so add that to you prayer list.

And thank you for your sweet emails and comments. I cannot tell you how they fortified my soul when I could get a signal to read them in the middle of the night.

They made a difference in my life.

Comments

I have been following your journey and haven’t commented because I wasn’t sure you would get the comments. Please know that we’re thinking of you here and praying for your safety! Please drive carefully!!!

I am so sorry for not commenting this weekend… wasn’t sure if you’d be getting them. Silly me… of course you’d find a way!

I want you to know that I will be praying for you.

Thanks for the updates!

Hey–Things are safe and sound here in Okie-ville. If the farm is near Tulsa maybe you’ll be able to pick up my good vibes that I’ll be sending out for ya…on second thought, I’ll just send a prayer up for you.

Have safe travels to Ok! I’m glad you have somewhere to go for a/c and sweet tea! The provision food does get quite old after awhile.

We are out of school until further notice. I pray it’s not too long. I’m not in the mood to go to school until the 4th of July!

Glad you made it out! We’ve been praying. My sister decided to stay. They think it will be only a few more days until power is restored. Looks like your area was hit worse than theirs. Can’t wait to see your pictures.

My prayers are with you and I am following y’all on Twitter. I am so glad everyone came through okay. I was in tears, watching footage of the storm on the news! Safe travel!

What an adventure your kids must be so excited. Thanks for sharing when you can it is kind of neat to think about you guys living right there in the middle of it all. The pictures would be cool to see as well. Drive safe!

I’ve been praying for your safety and for you to get a lot of gas. The fifth grader in me couldn’t resist phrasing it that way.

I, too, haven’t been leaving comments ‘cuz in my brain I thought you’d never see them. But I was wrong. What’s new??

God bless you in your safe travels . . . . and I’ll pray the kitty’s digestive system goes into a coma until such a time as he has access to a proper kitty litter box!

I’m glad you made it through the storm ok. I haven’t been on for a few days and didn’t realize you were in the thick of things. I hope you get to OK ok and that it really isn’t a month until you can head home!

Hey–you can always MOVE to Oklahoma and your kids can just start school here! OK is Great! Have a safe journey and I’ve traveled with a cat in the car. not fun.

Hey, I have room for you all too. If you need a place to hang out. I am south of Tulsa and my dogs love kids, now the cat might be a small issue! Hope your travel is safe and have fun with the family. It is better than camping. Glad you are safe.

This should be a fun little trip! I hope the cat does well, I really do, when we moved from Ohio down south our cat peed in her cage and we had to ride like that for 9 hours…. It was bad!
    Make sure your inlaws start some tea for you, can they make tea in OK? I’m sure she’s seen you do it a time or two…
    Keep Safe! Blessings
    Happy Mommy

Lucky you Alex, I am counting down the days until half term. At least at Oundle School we get two weeks off. I am going on a 5 day naorrw boat break on the Leeds-Liverpool canal. Looking forward to enjoying all the autumn colours.Enjoy Kas, wish I could come back next year but not in July.