Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You-Fall, You Are Such a Tease

It’s that time of the week again! Welcome to Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You.  Are  you tired of this carnival yet?  I hope not. Just when I think my picture barrel is running low, the old digital albums, they do provide.
I love fall. It’s my favorite time of year.  I love the harvest colors found in nature. I love the falling leaves and acorns and the bright orange pumpkins that adorn our world.  I love the crisp, cool weather—
Wow. I really got caught up there for a minute and then remembered, I live in Texas!  We’ve had a crisp morning or two.  But by noon, they are long gone. We’re back up to hot. Plain, old, hot.
I’ve decided that fall is such a tease.
I’m tricked into it every year.  I decorate the day after Labor Day and try to induce a fall mood. Every store in town is peppered with gourds and pumpkins, Halloween costumes and even Christmas decor, which I find very irritating by the way.  Stop rushing me, k?
I stumbled upon this photo the other day and it took me back to one of the first day’s of fall, last year.  It was mid-November.  I’m telling y’all, Texans play pretend fall for months!
My sweet son is wearing a knit hat I brought him from Washington DC, where I met my precious new niece.
I picked up a couple of knitted items from a little Russian lady at an open market.  She was in her 80′s and her disfigured fingers still aptly worked the needle.   Who knew my fondness for Russians would explode?
On this day, I took dozens of pictures of my children.  I kept this one for one reason:  the snot slipping from my son’s nose.
Don’t ask me why.  (I’ll tell you anyway, I know it’s cool outside when that boy’s nose begins to run! His nose knows).
I think he’s beautiful, don’t you?
So, c’mon fall, surprise us this year.

Comments

Boy you are preaching to the choir here. It’s just like that in Alabama. Tonight is supposed to get down in the mid 40′s. It won’t last long. We’ll be back in the daytime 90′s before too long.

It’s nice while it lasts.

BTW–I am irked that Christmas decorations have been up two weeks at Target!

I love fall too! And I am totally not ready to think about Christmas yet! to answer your questions:

No we are not tired of this carnival!

and yes he is beautiful…I didn’t even notice his snot. I was too busy looking at his eyelashes!

First of all, NO WE ARE NOT TIRED OF THIS CARNIVAL yet… I have got TONS of pictures I can’t wait to give a good use for, it is my most FAV carnival of the week. :-)

What a sweet picture… I hope you get some fall weather soon.

I am heading to Texas today to go to the MOPS convention in Dallas and I will be thinking of you my dear friend in Texas and when I talk about you, I’ll then have to clarify to my friends with me that no we’ve never actually met… but for real we are friends, I promise!

NOT tired of the carnival! I look forward to it every week!

I love the little snot drip. It’s definitely a fall drip. When we have our two days of winter it will be a snotcicle!

He IS beautiful. :)

We were in Macy’s the other day and they were setting up the Christmas display. A little ridiculous, I think. I don’t even want to think about that yet. Once Halloween comes along it seems like I blink and the year is over.

Here in South Florida we only get summer. I guess we sort of get fall… I mean, we don’t get any pretty changing trees or anything. We just walk out the door one morning in January in our flip flops and capri pants and a burst of cool (64 degree) air hits us and we go running back in the house for jeans and a hoodie (keep the flip flops, though… this IS Florida).

3 days later it’s summer again.

I have tons of snotty pictures of the kids. There comes a time that you realize if you wait for an opportunity for there to be no snot, there will be no pictures.

We here in the Pacific northwest have no idea what it means to be teased by fall. Well, every year but this one – it’s been hot. The a/c was even running tonight. But we have a storm coming tomorrow courtesy of the Gulf of Alaska. No more summer for us!

Even though I am a native Texan fall has always been my favorite time of the year, maybe becuase it is finally not so hot. We made an annual mid-November trek to Lost Maples state park to see the colored leaves, even if it meant skipping school. Now that we are in Germany I I am experiencing a true fall first hand. The colors are glorious and so intense. I have taken hundreds of pictures already but I have to tell y’all, I am freezing my behind off and it is only the first week of October. Brrr..

I found you by clicking on someone’s link that lead to someone’s link, etc. Cool post. Your kid is beautiful even with the snot about to drip :-) I feel you on the “fall” thing. I live in Northern California. 97 degrees in the last 3 days…I’m ready for cool soon.

I love this carnival – it’s my favorite one. Your son does look beautiful. I didn’t notice any snot, either.

If anyone read these comments without looking at the post first, they’d think we were crazy!

I had to tell someone the other day “I am from Texas” He had the nerve to say It was a little early to decorate for fall. Hello idiot I am from Texas I got excited when the temp dropped below 70. hehe
    We live in Canada now in case you were wondering. Right now the temp is 63…… ahhhhh

11. freefun0616 says