Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You-Themed Edition: Scary

Welcome to the first themed edition of Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You! {You can read the nitty gritty carnival details here}.

I thought it would be fun to share our scary pictures this week.
Now, if you didn’t post a scary picture, it’s okay. I’m pretty flexible and I don’t always follow all the rules exactly, you can still link up.
But be forewarned: If you link a picture of your mother-in-law, someone might call her scary in the comments.
Which could pose a problem for you and the hubby.
I’m just saying.
As I dug thru my organized (I use that term loosely) box o pictures, I decided to go with a grouping of pictures that made me very afraid. I had some costumed shots, but they just made my laugh. These following shots made me want to RUN & HIDE. And that felt right, for some strange reason!
It’s very scary, so prepare:  the Engagement Photo Shoot
“Look Mom, I’m marrying a druggie!”

“Or is something just wrong with her eye?”

“Whatever it is, it’s obviously contagious!”

See what I mean?
We aren’t exactly photogenic. We look like certified drunks in plaid and a sweater vest.
I think out of twenty shots, we got one where all four eyes were open.
A little story behind this photo shoot:  My future-hubby-to-be and I had a long distance relationship.  I was teaching school and he was working on his Master’s degree.
We got engaged on Sept 16 (about two hours after he got into town to see me).
These photos were taken on Sept 17 (the very next day).
Because my Mom had a hunch and made the appointment before we got engaged.
Too bad she didn’t buy us coordinating outfits.
We married December 17 (just 3 short months later during my school break).
Scary, huh?

Comments

My, my, how ever did you chose which picture to put in the paper for your engagement announcement? You should see if Hallmark is interested in buying the rights to those pictures. Imagine the inside caption on a card with one of those pictures!

THIS is why I love you. We have very similar engagement and wedding shots because dear hubby and I are not photogenic. AT.ALL. Seriously, the digital camera was invented just for us, so we could finally get a picture with both of our eyes open!

First of all love the revised-newly coordinated logo for Fro.

And, I am so relieved. All these years I thought I had the worst engagement photo ever. I see now I have competition for that title.

But you still look adorable. Sweat heart sweater vest too.

My scary? It is only one of the times I have scared my children into future therapy. And it involves BOOBS. Ya. I am so glamorous.

Don’t tell me, those were taken at Olan Mills? Pretty sure they were at one time (thankfully no more) a nation wide chain and were notorious for hideous background colors. Nothing like charcoal gray or mocha brown to bring out one’s eye color so nicely…NOT. Well, at least you can teach your kids to smile with their eyes open so they won’t have to endure the same type of thing!!

I am taking this ‘Fro week off in honor of blogging about my son’s 13th birthday today. I know . . . . .feel free to bawl along with me.

Love the pictures – you guys are so cute! My engagement pictures, as usual, feature my enormous eye brows front and center. That and I was wearing electric royal blue. Owie.

Anonymous says

You are KILLING me. Stop. Please. My dog thinks I have lost it because I’m sitting at my computer cracking up.

I would love to post my blue eye- shadow, big hair pictures, but I ripped them all into tiny little shreds a couple of years ago. I love how you can laugh at yourself and share with the world!

Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning!!

Angela

I looked drugged in my bridal portraits, but it’s because I am. My mother-in-law gave me some cold medicine and I took too much (her instructions were not clear). I fell asleep in the chair while they fixed my hair and veil. And then I just look… tired. I’ve never let her forget that.

Not TOO scary, although your mom making the appointment ahead of time, that’s a little scary. And as I face this with one of my daughters within a year, well, I will remember to at least coordinate their outfits. (Not matching, she would just die)

Sorry, I forgot about the scary theme! I will do the pumpkins for tomorrow, can we use last years pictures or does it have to be current?
    Love your eye issues, nice to know it’s not just my family!

Laura Harvey says

Whats everyone doing for safety precautions for Halloween? My husband came across an article (http://i-newswire.com/pr220892.html) with some info about background checking neighbors. I thought that may be a little overboard, but it had some other good suggestions for some precautions I haven’t thought about. Last year my youngest son came down with a massive fever after Halloween. I almost thought about just taking the kids to our church’s fall festival this year instead of door-to-door to prevent that from happening again. I don’t know yet. What’s your advice? Am I over-reacting or just being a concerned mom?

This idea is absolutely brilliant. I love it! Looking at photos like these makes us blissfully aware of how much we have evolved and how fashion forward we really are. Complete fun.

PS: The evolution of your sense of style and design is evident. Just take a look at your blog background. One of the best ones I’ve seen in a MIGHTY long time.

I suffer from “camera eye” myself! Ah, the memories!

Thanks for this fun little thing to do – I obviously have way too much free time – love it!

33333 Law enforcement to begin with responded to an apartment difficult within the Louisiana town following obtaining a grievance about a individual wanting to drive his way in via a stability gate, the Baton Rouge Law enforcement Division introduced in a information release.James has the two on consecutive nights before this thirty day period, no fewer.
    ugg usa http://www.veronicamherrera.com/ugg-usa/