You Had Me at Porch…

I love me a good porch.

Y’all know I wanted to buy this old house, just for the porch.
This is mine:

Not exactly my dream.  But I make do.
This is the porch I dream about every Fall:

I see I’m not alone in my unhealthy affection for pumpkins.
I like this one too. It brings out my inner farmer:
And wouldn’t this look smashing on a porch?

To see more great porches, visit The Inspired Room.

Comments

Oh I love a good front porch too. Mine was huge, but I did not decorate hardly at all. Never had time, had to pay for that big front porch!!! Now, now that I have the time, don’t have the money. I truly enjoy the way these look. I do have a pumkin outside…only because it has not made it’s way inside the house from the grocery store!

Yep, I’m a sucker for big porches too. Great pictures and great post. I had to go back and take a look at the old house with the porch you loved. I can see why you loved it so.

K-

The one that you dream about is now going to become my dream…wow! All I can say is that at $4 a pumpkin and only slightly less for squash, it’s going to be after I win a lottery. Lovely photos! Your own porch looks great!

I love porches, too. And you should know yours is still much better than my sorry excuse. I thin they call it a “stoop” out here. Hmmm. Just as attractive as it sounds. ;)

I admit it- I am porchless. That does not mean I can’t appreciate a good porch! Great job with your porch photos and loved your humorous commentary. I am a first time visitor to your blog but I will be back!

Denise says

You are right – EVERY house should have a porch like that! Meanwhile, I guess we’ll just have to enjoy looking at other folks’ porches! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Hi, I just love your porch pictures! Your porch is lovely….I live in the uk, so have no porch at all!ha,ha Id love to live in america just for the porches in fall….

Priscilla x