Christmas 101

So much for my resolve to not peek back in here until New Year’s.

I’m pathetic.
But I have to tell you about Christmas. It has been a great couple of days and I’ve learned some fabulous lessons.

You are never too young to discover or too old to participate in the icing leftover from Christmas morning cinnamon muffins.
Life isn’t as perfect as a picture.
(I knew this already, but it’s worth repeating)
Our Christmas Service at church was beautiful. It was especially holy when my 2 year old grabbed my Communion cup and partook of the sacred emblems. It was even more special when she yelled, “Mo, bread, pease!”
That old saying, “All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth”…..
Yeah. It works! (My son smiled to confirm the breakthrough).

This Santa has still got the magic touch!

As if Santa and Jesus’ birthday weren’t enough, we had the most delightful visitors knock at our door.
Uzbek Christmas tradition calls for surprise visits. Our friends from The Persecuted Church (dressed in their wedding garb) brought Russian candy. They were led by a guide and rode a donkey (see Eeyore costume). It was a highlight of the day!
The best gifts aren’t wrapped.

One of the best moments of my day was finding the above note tucked under my pillow from my oldest child. It was a thank you note for the coolest Christmas ever and she wasn’t even referring to the gifts.  Since she has gratitude-struggles, I don’t she could have given me a greater gift.
I hope your Christmas was full of joy too.
I am blessed.
I will leave you with one more lesson…..
Sometimes you have to be nekid to find The Force.

That is all. Do enjoy the next couple of days. I’ll see ya in a few!

Comments

Enjoyed the pictures. Your family photo is great! I am glad you had a good holiday, and that letter makes me melt. You must be doing a great job as a mother. :0)

Have a safe trip home!

Okay, “tear”… How precious is your daughter? Seriously! My sweet 6 year old also had a toothless Christmas- so fun! Hope you enjoy the rest of the holiday break!

I LOVE the note under your pillow, nearly made me weepy. You’re doing a great job, mom!

And partaking of communion and yelling for more? Priceless.

My friends and I were just talking about all the things you DON’T see in Christmas cards. So true.

Merry Christmas!

Oh so sweet. I am glad you did not stay away too long. I loved seeing your friends and the surprise visit, I loved, loved, loved the note from your daughter and I really enjoyed the familiy picture. We are having tornado warnings here right now, weather is really weird for December, but the 70 degree temps were nice for the kids to all play outside. I hope to have some nice gatherings here these next few days, Christmas with my parents and extended family, and then Monday will go see my son and dil in Texas for Christmas with them. Then maybe things will slow down a bit? Enjoy your time during the holiday season and talk to you again very soon!

Thanks so much for sharing these photos! I absolutely loved the picture of your friends’ surprised visit. What a lovely custom! And as far as life not being as perfect as a picture…I can’t even get a perfect picture. :) May your New Year be as full of blessings as this one was.

Great post! Glad you couldn’t stay away! :-) That note from your daughter is a true treasure. I also think your toddler would fit right in at our house. We had some light saber battles here on Christmas day as well. And a few weeks ago during communion my youngest said a little too loudly, “Want Suuuuuum” She couldn’t understand why we wouldn’t share. :-) Merry Christmas!!

Aw!!! I’m glad Christmas was so wonderful for you. Ours was, too. Happy New Year . . . . even though I know you’ll be back on here before then! As will I . . . .

That is one great post. Your blog is really cute. I was just checking out some fellow BooMama readers, and came across you. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

beautiful family picture. the reindeer in the corner caught my eye…i’d love to know where you got it. it’s really fun. precious not from your daughter. what a dear one! love the jedi in the buff too!