Another Patent in the Making

I know I amazed y’all with my first Patented project.
The Vented Chicken: It was awesome.
Well. Apparently my genius is not limited.
Because our last trip with our toddler, sparked a new idea.
We have a couple of rules in the car. Number One: Keep the toddler buckled.  Number Two: Keep her happy.
The first one is non-negotiable. The second is more elusive.  We all know the pain of a screaming child, so we try. We offer lollipops, toys, band-aids, DVD’s.
Even though we have been working on weaning the pacifier, at one point, it became our last resort.
But after dropping it into the abyss of our crowded mini-van countless times, I nearly lost my Salvation and broke an all-important bone, called My Spine, leaning over the seats searching for it.
We needed a miracle.
My hubby holds it in his hand (while driving carefully, of course):

We reached a new level of pathetic parenting with this, but it worked.
Rope tied to Pacifier: Patent Pending

In celebration of MckMama’s ‘Not Me’ Monday, I DID NOT do any of the above, it was only created for your reading pleasure.
Ahem.

Comments

LOL. No, she should use a long rubber band, with just enough give and length for Toddler to keep the binky in her mouth. When she lets go, the pacifier would actually COME TO YOU. =p

Love it, by the way. And the fact that you thought to photograph it for blogging purposes later. ;)

Kim says

I’m very impressed with your dh’s obvious support for your new endeavor as evidenced by his allowing the world to see him holding PINK pacifier paraphernalia.

Anonymous says

shoot yea! I love my baby’s binky clip. I clip it to her collar, or sometimes GASP the strap of her carseat. Even though she’s rear facing, I can reach back and put the binky back in her mouth without ever removing my eyes from the road. A very handy thing when she was smaller and colic-y.

Oh my Gosh I am sooo stealing this idea!! I have had so many close call wrecks trying to drive with my knees and reach back for the fallen binky. I started storing some in the glove box just in case-but when those get lost- I have to resort to turning myself into a pretzel to get to the lost ones.

funny…. Genius I must say. We just did that same thing! I hate it when she throws it! And say I’m not getting… then i just can’t take it anymore. I retrieve it.

I love it! As a mom of 3 little ones, I can so relate. One day during a trip to the zoo I forgot the paci clip but my daughter had a hat that strapped under the chin. I stuck the paci in her mouth and threaded the hat strap through the pacifier handle. It was almost like it was taped in her mouth!

You are a smart one. Although how many pacifier-using kids did it take? (I had two and never thought of it, so I’m certainly not casting stones. Or binkies.)

I’m going to be a Debbie Downer and mention that I am afraid of the potential choking hazard… even though I can see your husband is RIGHT THERE and nothing will happen, I just had a little “Oh! of worry when I saw it.

I’m a big fan of the pacifier, btw. Wish I still had one myself…

Yes, thank you for pointing that out. I should have added a disclaimer that we only tried this ‘rope maneuver’ for about 3 minutes and I watched her like a hawk while the rope was tied to the pacifier…we are THAT family, after al.

I stumbled upon your blog. I can totally relate!! I think we are the Sarasota, FL version of “that family” I can’t tell you how many times I’ve felt like that!! My youngest now wears the “goober hat” to protect his head and keep us out of the ER – sort of… He has had the bruised gums, too. Only our son fell at a doctor’s office and got the injury!! Thanks for the laughs!!

I LOVE IT!! Just may need to give you some props when I use this on not only the binky but also the 4 year olds “hippo” on an upcoming 18hour trip in April!! :-)

Too cute! When I finally weaned my son I blamed it on our chihuahua. He was looking for his numerous nuks and they were all gone (dumpster!) and he scolded the dog for 2 days and then let it go! He was 3. :)