My Girl {Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You}

Welcome back to Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You!  The ‘fro has been all gussied up just for you. You can read about the carnival here.
Today, my oldest child, turns 9 years old.
N-i-n-e.
That’s almost double digits.
How did she get so big? I’ve noticed just lately that she’s lost her little girl look. She’s wistful, thoughtful and when I see her care for her toddler sister or guide her little brother, I have to swallow the lump in my throat.
She’s strong, smart and a straight-shooter. She is intimidating and loves a challenge.
Nine reasons I want to be like her:
1. She’s soft and sweet

2. She’s not afraid to eat cake for breakfast
3. She views the world as her playground
4. She thinks outside the box (while being in it)
5. She’s not afraid to get a little dirty
6. She’s tough (completing a triathlon at age 7)
7. She’s loves adventure

8. She looks good in camo
9. She’s never too busy to stop and smell the flowers

Happy birthday, my girl. I love you.

{Mr. Linky keeps disappearing. If you don’t see him, just leave your link so we can all come read!}

Comments

Happy B-DAY!
    My mom’s b-day is today. She’s exactly 50 years older than her.
    I love the picture of her at the top of the slide! And a triathlon, Wow! Gorgeous pic of her smelling the flowers with such a sassy little haircut!

Aw Happy Birthday!
    9 was a hard one for me when my eldest hit it (he is now 10 and that was worse)….they just seem like regular BIG KIDS at 9 ya know?

What a beauty she is becoming too!

AND my post is a photo of me at NINE. Only I am a call girl or saloon girl…well you will have to take a look to decide for yourself. Yeah, its another look at my glamorous past.

Great post. Happy Birthday to your daughter!

My birthday is in two weeks, I wonder if my mom can list 29 things about me? Good thing she doesn’t like the internet too well–I’d hate to see my orphan annie hair-do’s on the net in 29 different angles. :)

Happy birthday to your girl! And that picture on the slide is AMAZING! I’m totally going to try and copy that when the snow melts. Which won’t be for about 6 months, most likely…

Happy birthday to your little girl!! My girl will be 11 next month. Ouch. How did I get here?

I’m on vacation in the lovely state of Alaska, complete with -25 degree temperatures. You have NO idea how much I wish I was home so I could participate.

Linda/ "Mom..." says

*****What a DELIGHTFUL BLOG! And your precious blessing is such a doll!!! You have certainly been blessed with her!!! Hope you all enjoyed this “special day” in her lil’ life!!! Warmly, Linda, RMS “Mom of a German Shorthair”

Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter. I love the pictures! My boys were especially impressed with the camoflaged face and paint gun(?) picture!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, sweet girl! These photos look like the many photos I have of my 7 year old daughter. Not too girly and not scared to get dirty and enjoy life. Love it.

Wow she is awesome isn’t she? I love all the photos especially the slide and the one of her with the flowers.

My older daughter will turn 8 in April and it just boggles my mind. Time flies when you are a parent doesn’t it?

Happy Birthday! Can’t believe she’s 9 already. Jonathan will be 10 in a few weeks. Where does the time go? Check my blog for a surprise.

Stay calm when I tell you this… no sudden moves… YOUR CHILD IS HOLDING A SNAKE.

ACK!!

Love the slide photo – I will be recreating that one here with my kiddos.

Happy Birthday to your daughter! She sounds like an amazing girl, how can she not be with ya’ll as her parents?

The slide pic is very cool while the last pic is so sweet. And a triathlon? She rocks!

What a very sweet tribute to such a special girl. But she comes by it all so honestly. Blessings to you all in celebrating her birthday tonight!

Happy Birthday to her!! Love that last shot, so wonderful. My oldest birthday was the next day, except they (twins) turned *gasp* 19.
    It flies by.