Playing House {Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You}

I’m joining Hooked on Houses because I’m hooked on fresh starts. And here’s to a beautiful life full of color at The Inspired Room.

2002
I grew up playing with dolls.
I enjoyed pretending I was a Mommy.
I tucked in my precious babies every night, whispering sweet words.
I loved playing house.
And then I got a house.
With my own real babies.
Two in two years.
And then I wasn’t playing any more.
When I look at this picture, I see past the precocious toddler stuffing her long-legged baby brother into her doll bed. Playing, pretending.
I see the gray.
It was the color of my soul.
Our circumstances helped shade my world. We were working at a church that didn’t honor us, both of us working several jobs because the first wasn’t honorable.
My marriage held lies and secrets.
Loneliness was my shadow.
Depression my friend.
Money my need.
And then, God.
He became the light, the ray of Son to break up the darkness.
He delivered us from the dishonor.
He healed my broken marriage.
He met every financial need.
He colored my world.

And now red is so red.
Green is very green.
Have you seen yellow?
I’m still playing house.
Only this time, in color.
Food for the Soul:
John 8:12 “When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Comments

Truly beautiful Kristen. God has given you a gift with words and it is great to see you honoring Him with them in this great big blogging world. I always appreciate your honesty and openness and how you share of God’s grace in your life.
    And to top it off… that is one precious pic of her shoving her brother into her doll bed and one very patient little brother. God has blessed you with a beautiful family.

I just read your comment that you left on MckMomma’s blog and it made me laugh so hard! Wearing red to target to blend in… oh man, that’s a great idea! :)

Thank you for sharing that, it was very encouraging to me. We just had our 3rd child 3 weeks ago and have been having a hard time for the past year with different struggles. I know that the Lord will get us through this season, but hearing about how He has worked in the lives of others is always good to hear! Thanks again!

I so know how you feel. God rescued me from the pit in such a fashion that I felt like Princess Leia when Luke swung her over and through the big battle. He so transformed my life it’s AMAZING. Praising God for your deliverance . . . . . from a former captive :-)

That is simply beautiful and so much more profound then anything I ever have to say. God Bless your family. So, glad that God came in and healed you. Isn’t it amazing how he always knows exactly what you need and just the right colors to put and where to put them.

Thanks for being transparent and thanks for letting the Light shine through the gray stuff to allow a rainbow to happen. Thanks for shining that rainbow here & on Twitter. PatinMB

Thank you for sharing your life with us. You are always inspiring.

I’m so sorry your church dishonored you. Unfortunately that happens all too often. Hopefully we can learn from the past and break the cycle!

How uplifting, most of us have gone through those gray days, it is such a miracle to get the color back, thank you for sharing and for making a silly photo of your daughter and son so darling.

I can sure relate. I also had two babies in two years. Now they are 3 and 1 1/2. I’ve been struggling with depression all my life and the Lord gives me hope along with my beautiful children. Thank you for sharing that touching post.

This is making me think I wasn’t a very good friend back then. How did I not know how bad things got for you? But I’m glad you came through it and can see in color now!

God is so good to us…even at times when we dont deserve it! Thanks so much for sharing. I found your blog by a comment about wearing RED at Target…that’s too funny that i had to come and check out your blog and I must say I love your post. We are only now building our first Target store in Hawaii and I am too excited. Now I can actually go to Target instead of shopping online. I’ll need to wear RED in tribute of you and try and ‘blend’ in…have a blessed day ~Liz

you always make me laugh! I am having a blog party in Feb. and would like to feature you, stop by my blog and if you are interested let me know and I’ll send you an email….keep making me laugh I need it!

13. freefun0616 says