Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You: The Next Step

*Update* Congrats to Wilma (#9). Email me your snail mail and I’ll send some cookies your way!
For the past year, I’ve been sharing pictures of my fabulous 80’s ‘fro and the adventures of my over-permed ‘do.
My perfectly formed helmet of hair has enjoyed the ride.
circa, 1980 ‘fro
And more importantly, your linked-up old pictures and new stories have made it all the more fun!
As many of you know, I’m now hosting Works for Me Wednesday (WFMW) weekly now and I want to devote more of my attention to this new adventure. Plus, I don’t really want to be known as the Carnival Queen.
I’ve decided to pay it forward (just as Shannon did for me). Instead of stopping the weekly ‘fro fun, it will now be hosted every Thursday at The Glamorous Life. Marcy has kindly agreed to take over Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You, starting next week. She’s been a regular participant of this weekly event and she has a personal relationship with Mr. Linky!
I’m sure I will still join in occasionally because some pictures are just worth sharing.
Please join her next Thursday and support this carnival!
And just so none of y’all will be mad at me, I’m bribing you with Girl Scout Cookies! Everyone who links up today will be entered to win 3 boxes of the yummy Cookies!
So, there’s that.
Samoas® or Caramel deLites®

Comments

Man am I excited!
    I did have a panic attack, what if no one comes to my party next week?

Maybe I will bribe them with cookies too.

Bribery is so glamorous no?

Again THANK YOU for trusting me with your FRO.

OK, I am feeling very very bad for calling you carnival queen…I did not mean it in a bad way. OK—I did something very very different —I posted an illustration from my children’s book—but it is a memory and something that could have been a real picture. Hope it counts. I’ll be sure to visit Glamorous Life.

I had this sneaking suspicion things might be changing up a bit. I wasn’t going to link up this week, not sure if exactly counts as “Fro” worthy, but couldn’t miss out on the last Fro post at THAT family…and you know the secret to my heart is in those little Girl Scout cookie boxes!!

I had my post scheduled to come on in the morning but since I am still up and it is morning I posted mine now…
    and I am with Katie… I hope a lot of people don’t post this week… LOL
    Debbie

Well, you know how much I love the ‘Fro….so I will follow wherever it may go. Even if I don’t win the cookies.

It’s been great fun here!

I love seeing everyone’s pictures each week and the excuse to go through my own old pictures!
    My mother-in-law was just saying yesterday she wanted girl scout cookies…
    Thanks for hosting and for the chance at cookies :)

As much as I love ‘em, PLEASE, award the cookies to someone else. I mean, I KNOW you want to pick me…who wouldn’t? But my BACKSIDE simply does not need more cookies. Because its perfect just the way it is. {{*SNARF*!!!}}

Really, though, congrats to the new carny hoster!

And, um, that dollie creeps me out. ;-)

Kristen,

Thanks for hosting this carnival it was great fun and I’m sure it will continue to be.
    I dedicated my post to you in honor of all your Fro’ memories!

So excited for “Pray It Friday” Carnival tomorrow. Feel free to share any prayer needs.

As New Orleans Carnival Queen, it still seems funny to see prayer and carnival all in once sentence especially with Mardi Gras just over. Nonetheless, God means it for good.

Enjoying Thin Mints as I write. So stocking up is always a good thing.

Congrats on hosting WFMW! Wow! I’m sure you have your hands full. :) I’ve really enjoyed Sincerely ‘Fro Me to You. Such a fun idea and definitely good for a laugh! Glad to know it will still live on over at The Glamorous Life. I’ll have to see what other embarrassing pictures I can dig up. haha :)

I’ll miss you, too, but you can’t get rid of me — I’ll just come to WFMW.

So today, I post a picture of me with a naked dolly, and then I come look at your site with a doll all decked out and looking almost real! What’s up with that?

I feared this would happen, and while I have absolutely nothing against the new gal, I am very sad to move on from you. Fro is how I found you! It’s like getting rid of the one things that “brought us together’. However, I will remain calm and very adult like about this. My only regret is I don’t have an entry today so I could maybe win some GS cookies! Maybe I can find something…

Those are my FAVORITE Girl Scout cookies!!! They call them Caramel Delights now but they used to be called Somoas when I was a Girl Scout.

Don’t Worry Marcy I will be there for your first {Sinncerely ‘Fro Me To You post next week, as I am sure a lot of us will be.

See you there next week. I am marking your blog and going to be following it now so I don’t forget next week.

Debbie