Spring in My Step

I decorated for Spring yesterday.
It’s pushing it even here in Texas (considering we had a brisk 39 degree morning-it was 60 by lunchtime), but I needed a pastel friend or two.
My bulbs decided to make a surprise appearance this year. I didn’t expect them to bloom again. I also didn’t expect those tiny weeds to be so obvious in the picture:

My handsome bunny topiary:

And my afternoon jelly bean snack:

I decided to put these small wreaths on my chandelier (I bought them last year after Easter for 90% off!)

My kids take this sign literally every time they enter the house:

My pretend carrot garden makes me happy! So does the hidden nest:
My Mom painted these wooden eggs when I was a child. I think this makes a fun display:
And this bunny? He just makes me hungry:

Welcome to Spring!
Join The Inspired Room on Monday for more Spring Decor!

Comments

OMG–your blog is adorable! Love your spring decorating. I will “hop” over and visit your blog again soon! (Totally corny, I know)!

very cute decorating!

I have two glass containers that have candle holders suspended in them, and I also fill them with seasonal things…..never thought of jelly beans!

and I am a sucker for nests. ;)

Your jelly beans around the candles are too cute!! I too will be copying that idea! :) Hope you don’t mind!

And the eggs that your mom painted are adorable! I love it that you display them now!

~Karla

You have inspired me! Even though we had snow here in Mississippi this morning! I plan to get out my spring decorations tonight after church!
    Happy Spring!

I love it! I don’t know how you find the time to blog as you do and still decorate your home so nicely. :) Me, not so much.

I’m going to include this in my Things to Write Home About that I’m writing right now.

Very cute. I was just thinking about getting my spring clothes out. Here in Arkansas, it snowed yesterday, was in single digits this morning and should be 75 next Thursday. We must be prepared for everything. :) Did I mention it was 70-something LAST Thursday. Yep, shorts one day, snow boots the next.

Love your Spring decor!

It snowed in my state today, March 1! Do you think if I go ahead and decorate for Spring that it will come faster? :)

I, too, love the jelly bean idea.

I love your spring decorating! I haven’t done any of mine yet. I have to focus on my spring cleaning first. Love the jelly beans. I would eat those up way to fast!

HolyCow that is awesome….I need you to come to my house. I still have my Valentine’s cling things for the windows still in the store bag, never ever made it out of the flippin’ bag never mind open and put them up…I’m pathetic

Happy Spring!

Also, those tiny weeds? Would it make you feel better that today, my husband and father spent THREE HOURS mowing down weeds in our backyard (I swear those suckers sprouted over night) and some of them were taller than me?

My weeds could kick your weeds butts any day of the week. I’d kill for your weeds lol.

that’s fabulous! I’m in Texas too, and ready for spring. Not as ready as you though! I still have to trim my rose bushes.. ooops!

Totally inspirational! I never would have noticed the weeds if you hadn’t mentioned them. And the jellybeans are inspired! I usually do that with candy corn for Halloween. Maybe I never thought of it b/c the jellybeans are eaten much quicker! LOL But it will happen shortly here.
    Thanks for the touch of spring in the middle of our snowstorm here!

Thanks for the touch of spring in the middle of our snowstorm here!

I love, love love the Jelly Bean Candles and this seems an appropriate thing to do with them because they do not contain chocolate so are useless for eating. But as a decorating item cannot be beat! And I’m so annoyed with myself I didn’t buy some Easter Decor like your chocolate bunny at Hobby Lobby Friday when I was there. I talked myself out of it! I needed your page before today !:) Thanks for sharing!

I love the jelly bean candles! How adorable! I agree w/ Jenny above…can’t do Easter until St. Pats is over! I’m looking forward to welcoming Spring…we just got 10+ inches of snow today! Spring can’t come soon enough.

Love your Spring decor – I think I need a rethink about not really getting into seasonal decorating. Not something traditionally done here, but some traditions need to be broken!

(I hope you may have some St Pats decorating stuff in for my irish St Pats bloggy carnival! (hint, hint!))

Yay! I am so excited for spring this year… and I absolutely love that decoration with the chalkboard and the eggs your mom painted. Seriously righteous :)

I was thinking about getting out my spring runners and bunnies. I may have to add jellybean candles to the mix! Your spring items are adorable.

Oh very very cute! And you say you aren’t crafty-peshaw! (I have no idea how to spell that non word) You know, all this Springy decorating you do makes me think that you should join my little Easter Carnival next week. :-)

You certainly have a knack for decorating! I would love to be able to decorate that well . . . it’s just not in my genes :-) But, thanks for some fun ideas!

freefun0616 says