I should know.
I happen to be an authority on why I can’t lose 5 pounds.
So there’s that.
I actually Googled ‘best pie in the world recipe’ because I wanted to take my sister’s family (including my new niece from Ethiopia) something special.
I’m not above earning affection thru food.
Here’s the recipe, copied directly from here:
The Best Pie in the World:
(also known as Toasted Coconut and Pecan Caramel Pie)
Of course, I didn’t bake mine exactly like the recipe because I couldn’t find my 1/4 measuring cup and had to estimate on the butter and guess on the coconut amount. You could say there was some serious ‘eyeballing’ going on.
Oh. And I doubled the nuts.
I like to live on the wild side.
- 2 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
In a medium skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Add coconut and pecans. Toss well, and saute until coconut is lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add condensed milk and mix until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each pastry shell. Sprinkle 1/4 of coconut mixture over each pie. Drizzle 1/2 of caramel topping over each coconut layer. Follow with remaining cream cheese mixture, then remaining coconut mixture.
- Pies may be served chilled or frozen.
Anything with that much caramel on the inside is a gift from God. Amen.
Y’all. I cannot tell a lie. It is good.
That’s why I made two.
For more great pies, visit Tidy Mom’s Pie Party!