My Hubby Rocks {Even When He Doesn’t}

So. Sometimes, my hubby irritates me.
{WHAT?? Oh, the SHOCK!}
Yep, it turns out I’m human.
I hope you’re not too disappointed.
My hubby and I love each other. We are deeply committed to one another. We’ve faced some harrowing battles in our 15 years and fought against Hell itself to be where we are today.
We are in a good place. But we still get on each other’s nerves at times and even push one another’s buttons.
The other day my hubby made me furious before he left for work. It wasn’t a big deal. It was just one of those little idiosyncrasies. And I was grumpy. Lethal combination.
Later as I dressed, without thinking, I put on my pink shirt.
Everywhere I went, people commented. “Wow, you must really love your husband.” “What a great shirt.” Several women even said, “I would never wear a shirt like that. My husband is a jerk.”
I thought about our rocky morning, laughed at the irony of my thoughtless dressing and thanked God.
I am not perfect. My spouse isn’t either. But even on the tough days, I can be thankful.
There is always something to be grateful about.
I have a man who loves me. He loves God and our children.
He is a hard worker, selfless in so many ways…..
He rocks.
Even when he doesn’t.
**********************************************
One of the top searches that leads people to my blog is
help me love my hubby
a love letter to my husband
love wife and husband
There are so many women living in unfulfilling marriages. I don’t know whether you find yourself content or confused in your marriage today. At some point, you’ve probably been both.
Marriage takes hard work. Don’t give up. FIGHT. Woo him. Pray.
I truly believe that my marriage isn’t any more remarkable than yours. One day I will tell our story in full. But today, know that it is only by God’s grace that we are thriving.
Let me encourage  you to choose love. Choose the road less traveled, the one that doesn’t pick him apart, tear him down, destroying his confidence.
Because your hubby rocks. Even when he doesn’t.

Comments

I love what you’ve written about marriage. I agree. Love, love my husband and he rocks, but we definitely have our marital moments.

I think we all fall into that thing of feeling like we’re probably the only one that has bad feelings. Everyone else looks great on the surface. Thanks for sharing and showing we all face problems.

And thanks for fighting for marriage. It’s what God wants.

Hi! Thank you for sharing all this. I love to read it! I’ve been married for little more than a year and it’s going great, but I realize there will be harder times. But I thank God he blessed me with a husband that is so much more patient and wise than most people, and absolutely more than I am.

I think one of the problems of today’s marriage is the whole ‘romantic’ idea about marriage. It’s not that the romance stops as soon as you’re married (although a lot of men think so), but it’s just not all fun and games. People are not used to working hard for something anymore. Girls plan their weddings from the moment they can read. And I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that, but I think most people spend to much time thinking about making their wedding perfect and too little of making their marriage perfect (or at least, as best as possible).

Anyway, thank you so much for realizing this again today. I’ll stop here before I blog at your blog. I need to blog about this, maybe when I’m a little more ‘experienced’, after a few more years of marriage :) More people should know these things!
    Love and blessings to you from the Netherlands :)

3. KT says

I have enjoyed reading everything you have posted about marriage. Our marrige is in a very bad place right now. I feel I do these things you write about but I do not get anything in return. It is hard for me to continue when our marrige is so one sided. How do i continue trying to show all my love when I do not feel any love from him?

4. Summer says

You have NO idea how uplifting your posts have been to me and tonight is the first time I have ever read your posts. It’s like they were written for me and all the things I need to hear!! We get so caught up in life and forget to love. Then the love is hard to renew when life has done it’s damage. Your posts give me strength and faith that my marriage isn’t the only marriage that isn’t perfect!

I like your stuff. I love that you are so ecstatic about your marriage. It is so rare in todays world. I wanted to share something that has worked in my 28 years of marriage. God is the source of love and hence, when you aren’t feeling it for your husband – when you want to strangle him- pray. Ask God to renew that love in your heart for your spouse. It works! Every single time.

6. Elizabeth says

I am finding it really difficult to say that my husband rocks when he constantly seems to be in a bad mood and seems to prescribe to the saying ‘children should be seen and not heard’ (we have very active and LOUD boys – 6 and 3). This makes me very stressed and the big one – sad – how on Earth do I say he rocks about that?? And that’s just the tip of the iceberg, sadly.

7. H says

I have been married for over 10 years. My husband is very difficult. He has 2 moods, indifferent and mean. He has no respect for my wishes. I ask him not to do something and he does it on purpose. I am tired.