This Post is For ADULTS Only

(Yes, I wanted to cry).

(sneaking back off to enjoy my blog break, but I knew you’d want to know)

Comments

It's so fun to keep that magic alive, isn't it??? Our oldest is 11 and he "knows", yet he wrote Santa 2 letters and left his Bible open to Luke 2 so he could read the Christmas story while taking a break and eating his cookies. . .so. . .now she (like our oldest) can help you keep the magic alive with the other ones. . .merry CHRISTmas!!!

So sad. Mine did, too, I think. He'll be 9 in a couple of weeks. He asked me if I wrote "To David, From Santa" on packages just to trick him. Fortunately, there was enough else going on that I didn't need to answer.

It is sad when they discover the truth. Makes you feel a little like part of the magic of their childhood is gone. But at least she still believes in what is important!

Sorry! And now you have to make sure she keeps it from the others!:0

Call me a hum bug, but we never did Santa because I *remember finding out when I was about six and it broke my heart. So painful…but my kids believed anyway while they were young. ;) Do I sometimes regret not letting them experience the magic of Santa and Christmas morn'? Yes, but we found ways to make our own fun, like searching for presents on Christmas morning like the wisemen searched for baby Jesus. And my 7 years old has no problem telling us "Santa is dead" because she knows the true story of St. Nick. We just tell her not to spoil the fun for others!

Just be happy that she still believes in the reason for the season! Santa is great and alot of fun and you had 9 great Santa Christmas' with her! Now she can help keep it alive for the little one! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

FRIEND, YOU ARE SOOOO RIGHT. THAT SHE STILL BELIEVES IN HIM… THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS, AND YOU WILL NEED TO REMEMBER THAT FOR YEARS TO COME. SHE IS ONLY 10, AND 15 IS COMING FASTER THAN YOU THINK.

HUGS FROM MAINE

Awww…well…let me share with you that it's just as much fun when the oldest gets to go along and play Santa with you. She's going to love helping surprise her siblings over the next few years.

I'm on the other end of the spectrum here. Seriously wondering about the intelligence of my twins. They're 12 and a HALF now and STILL convinced he's real. I'm thinking we'll have to break down and spill the beans soon or they're going to be traumatized when he doesn't show up at their first apartment when they're 21.

My DD is 4, her preschool told her. She goes to a Christian preschool. They do not lie to the kids. I told her if she believes in her heart that he is still here he is. She BELIEVES but she also knows the truth.

She woke up and sang Happy Birthday to Jesus. I was a proud mama!

Hope you still had a Merry Christmas

I told my almost 11 year old when she came home in tears one day that Santa does exist and she must believe. My husband followed up by telling her that not everyone believes in the same things but that doesn't make these things any less real. Some people, he went on, do not believe in God, but it doesn't mean that God doesn't exist AND just because you don't see something doesn't mean it is not real!

Kristen,
    I love this post- I will NEVER forget when my son put all the pieces together & asked the doomed question "is there a Santa Claus?" Then the ripple effect- wait a minuet, does that mean there is NO Easter bunny? ugh He ended our *sniff* conversation letting me know now that he knew- could he please not get any more jelly beans, but would love chocolate eggs instead in his Easter basket.
    Love your blog!!

My oldest son (10) is figuring it out, but still believes… if that is possible! I tell him it's ok whatever he is going through. He wakes up every Christmas morning saying, "Happy Birthday Jesus!" and in my book, that's all that matters!

My daughter is 5, and you all just gave me hope that she may believe for many years to come, its a very special thing to share in something so magical for your child, the memories are forever in my heart, I do make sure though to let her know that its all about Christ. We even make Jesus a birthday cake each year. As for the little preschooler that found out there was no Santa that is more than wrong. I work at a Christian Preschool and we would NEVER dream of telling them that. Its not about lying to the kids its about giving them a little bit of magic as a child. People are so quick to make kids grow up faster than they should and that is very sad. Well that is my 2 cents. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. ~Jessica

Mine just looked at a receipt from the grocery store this morning and said, "hey…there's a spin brush on here. Didn't SANTA put a spin brush in my stocking?" Good parents that we are, we changed the subject. I'm thinking he knows now. ;)

So very true. Last year my great-neice learned about Santa…ya know, she wasn't shocked or disappointed at all, because she "already knew the baby Jesus was real"! So sweet!

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com