To My Family

To my precious children and best friend:

Well. Here we are. We have anxiously and excitedly counted down the days until I travel to Kenya, Africa.

There has been an palpable energy in our home for weeks, an expectant feeling and more love, touching, hugging and being than I’ve ever experienced. My heart is so full. As I’ve readied for this journey, each of you has come beside me and enabled me to go. You’ve given me the greatest gifts-encouragement, courage, love and abiding joy.
To my children: You’ve given me wings to fly across the globe and tell another child’s story. You’ve selflessly released me to shed the light on the forgotten, to give the poor a face, so that children might be rescued from poverty.
Thank you, sweet babies. I am honored to be your Momma and I am so proud of each of you. You have taught me so much.
(the note my oldest made for me, tucked away in my unstamped passport)

I love you.
To my husband: You are the perfect match to my soul. I’m taking you with me because I am not whole without you. You will walk the dirty streets and see the dust covered children with me. I carry you in my heart. Thank you for being my greatest friend and champion. You have encouraged this in me, you have been my hero and shown me Jesus.
I love you.
The day I said yes to this trip with Compassion International, I knew I would return a different person, never seeing life the same thru my naive eyes.
But I didn’t know I would be a different person before I even left. My sweet family, you have prepared your hearts and we will never be the same.
I am ready.
Love,

Comments

Tonight at the supper table I talked to my children about you and your trip. We prayed for you and your family….we will continue to do so. I look forward to showing my kids your journey.

Blessings and prayers for you, Kristen!

Mark 16:15 "He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation"

I am so excited to read all about your trip to Africa. I always look forward to the compassion bloggers trips because I know many children will get sponsors because of your experience!

With all good thoughts and earnest prayers for a safe and blessed trip. Can't wait to hear all about it. (And can't wait to hear about the loved ones at home either!)

Kristin,

I went to El Salvador with Compassion. I am not the same. That is my prayer for you….that you will be forever changed.

Can't wait to hear what God does with your heart.

mom & Dad says

God speed for a wonderful, safe journey. We love you so much. What a honor to share you with Africa. Mom & Dad

mom & Dad says

mom & Dad says

Thanks for the insightes of your adventures for the LORD and giving us the opportunity to pray with you, your family, the team and those you will meet. I pray you won't leave without seeing what God has for you as you see what you have for those in Africa.

What a beautiful post, my eyes are full reading it. It's so true that our families really give us the courage to open our wings and soar and with faith in the Lord, he'll help lead the way.

This makes me so happy that you're going. :) What an amazing attitude to begin with! :) I'll be praying for you and your family this week!

So sweet. As a mom who stayed home and let our teenager go to Panama and Botswana, I can testify to the fact that the whole family will be impacted by your trip. Before, during and after.

What a sweet message to your family. Have a wonderful, safe trip. I will be praying for you and the other moms/dads traveling with you.