In honor of Mother’s Day and our new Do-It-For-Others project, I am pleased to introduce you to a brand new organization, Hailey’s Hope, born out of a grief most of us will never know. Kristin, Hailey’s mom, lost her precious daughter in January this year when she was just 36 days old. She has turned her sorrow into a beautiful testimony and ministry in her baby’s honor by blessing other NICU families with special gift bags.
- Stuffed animals, stuffed rattles, stuffed animals w/small blankies attached
- Preemie clothes-boy, girl and unisex (most Dept. stores carry preemie clothes, including WalMart)
I don’t know about you, but my life is hectic. (And that’s after we’ve all but minimized after school activities and extracurricular events). I’d like to just unplug all the clocks and throw my watch out the window. Oh wait, that’s called summer (and it’s coming…wheee!!!)
I sat in a crowded, dank space and listened to water drip into containers.
Babies and Mothers. They belong together.
The adventure of a lifetime begins…
Directed by award-winning filmmaker Thomas Balmès, from an original idea by producer Alain Chabat, Babies simultaneously follows four babies around the world – from birth to first steps. The children are, respectively, in order of on-screen introduction:
– Ponijao, who lives with her family near
– Bayarjargal, who resides with his family in
– Hattie, who resides with her family in the
Re-defining the nonfiction art form, Babies joyfully captures on film the earliest stages of the journey of humanity that are at once unique and universal to us all.
PRIZING FOR MY READERS:
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive:
– Kodak Pocket Video Camera 12 megapixels w/ video
12 megapixels w/ video
– Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (CD)
– Tasty Baby Eco Bag filled with snacks
Four (4) Additional Winners will receive:
– Tasty Baby Eco Bag filled with
- Box of Tasty Brand Organic Fruit Snacks
Box of Tasty Brand Organic Cereal Bars
Bag of Tasty Baby Organic Infant Cereal
Grand Prize package retail value is $215.00
Additional prizing retail value is $17.99
Just leave a comment telling me your favorite thing about your mother or about being a mother! This giveaway ends on Thursday.
- God and Adoption-Please read this post. It was so thought-provoking for our family. We are weighing the cost of international adoption against child sponsorship and asking God to lead us… I don’t know what we’ll do, but we will do something. (Thanks Robin, for sharing this with me).
- To the Church-Sick Christian-Amber’s poetry weaves it’s way into my heart
- A few weeks ago, a sweet blog reader emailed me and asked me to pray for her baby in utero, Reagan Grace. She wasn’t doing well. I told I would pray and encouraged her to start a blog, so the world could carry her burden. She started a blog…in her daughter’s memory. Please help me pray for this young military family as they struggle with their great loss.