S’More, Please!

Our RV vacation hit the spot (even with a nasty 24 hour bug that hit two of my kids!! It was bad. And I know bad.)

But before and after all the bad, there was hiking and swimming and creek-wading:

Chigger-scratching and geocaching:

And some serious mudpie-making (this alone won me the title VACATIONING MOTHER OF THE YEAR):

I hope you’ve had at least a day or two to stay(cation) or vacation….what did you/are you doing to “get away” this summer?

Tell me s’more, please!

P.S. Is there really anything better than campfire s’mores?

Comments

We are hoping to get away for a few days next month… Charleston SC. I can’t wait! I hate that you had sickness at all but in an RV… I’m very sorry! But it sounds like you had a great time… I’m glad!

I love smores! We are going camping next week and I am so excited! I think it is a great experience for kids, and I grew up doing it, so that’s fun! We go to the same spots my dad did when he was a baby. I love it! My husband, not so much. We are breaking him in though!

Looks like the comments work fine! And I don’t think you lost all your friends…they’re probably just in awe of your beautiful pictures! ;-)

I’m glad you all had a safe, enjoyable vacation! I’m letting you know I am packaging up Little Dresses to mail out tomorrow – I made 62 thanks to the ladies in my daughter’s church donating pillowcases. Go Me! LOL As much as I love sewing, I am good on making dresses, at least for a little while.

Color me envious! I have always wanted to go on an RV vacation. It looks like you made memories your kiddos will never forget.

Oh, and BTW, if you ever come within 50 miles of me, I will probably have to gobble up your youngest. She is simply the cutest little imp I have ever seen! Simply made for zerbets and squeals!

We have couple of weekend camping trips (with our pop-up trailer), and we’ll be road-tripping to Washington DC late in August.
    Did you guys like the geocaching? We’ve talked about trying it, but haven’t heard any first hand accounts of what it’s like. I think our kids would either love it or hate it…

• kristen says

Yes! We loved geocaching. We didn’t dress right the first time though. Many of the caches are deep in the woods, so it’s best to have tennis shoes on and long pants. You should give it a try!

I can’t wait to hear which state park in Arkansas you were in! If you tell, that is. =)
    Our summer has been totally out of the norm. We are in between jobs and homes this summer. We closed on our Arkansas house on June 30th but can’t move into our Florida house until August 8th. So we’ve put 5,000 miles on the van already. On our drive from Arkansas, we have visited several National parks, and visited friends and family in Arizona, California, Oregon, and Washington. We’re in Washington for 4 more days before heading home via Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Missouri. It has been truly amazing, a great time of family bonding and memory making. When we get back to Arkansas we’ll load all our stuff from storage into the moving truck, and then drive down to our new home. It will be an 11,000 mile summer! As wonderful as it has been, I am really looking forward to life returning to normal.

Did you have a peanut butter cup s’more? I’ll never be the same now that I’ve had that deliciousness.

We rented a cabin at Cooper Lake State Park in East Texas for a few days last week. It was a lot of fun, most of the time. ;)

9. Heidi says

This summer has been crazy! Trip to the mountains for my sister’s wedding, home for VBS, to the lake with family, preparing for my sister’s Florida reception,a beach vacationette(as in one night) and another lake trip coming up…it has all been fun and we’ve made lots of memories but I think I am ready for the routine of the school year again! I’m jealous of your RV trip! That is our ‘someday’ vacation plan. :-) Glad you had a good time! (minus the sick part)

Oh…..I am so sorry that you had to deal with sickness on your vacation.

This summer we are taking a mini-trip to a cabin in the mountains that we have been going to for about 10 years. Both my brother and sister and their families are coming and my dad too! We will celebrate my dad’s 80th birthday while we are there.