WFMW: Buy in a Group and Save

Have y’all heard of Groupon?

It’s pretty new to me, but I love the idea of getting a great deal on things!

How It Works:

1. Each day Groupon features something cool to do/buy at an unbeatable price.
  2. You only get the deal if enough people join that day… so invite your friends!
  3. Check back the next day for another awesome Groupon!

You can sign up to get emails for deals in your local big city. I’ve been pretty impressed with what they’ve offered so far at deeply discounted rates for restaurants, services, stores, etc.

Occasionally there are online deals. I’ve only bought one thing and it was from the cute dress shop Shabby Apple. The deal: $100 gift certificate for $40! That’s a 60% savings!

*UPDATED TO ADD* Just learned that you can shop different cities and occasionally there are online deals! I actually found the Shabby Apple deal under the Baltimore if your interested, but hurry!

Have y’all tried it yet?

Groupon works for me!

Next week, there’s a themed edition of WFMW: Your best bathroom or kitchen tip (organizing, cleaning, etc.) Please remember that themes are just suggested and you’re always welcome to link up a helpful tip.

Comments

I’ve been procrastinating on the Groupon signup. I think I’ll head over and sign up so that I can start getting the notices. It’s time to start thinking about Christmas shopping, so maybe they’ll have deals that are gift-worthy!

I love Groupon. I bought $75 worth of cooking classes for my kiddo for $15 at Young Chef’s Academy, and so did all my friends so we are having a private class together. :)

I get their emails, but haven’t spent much time checking them out yet!…I NEED to do that! thanks for the reminder Kristen!!!…….I linked up my visit with Bridget today!!

I am a Groupon junkie. I also love watching for cities of where you might be vacationing to. You can get in on some good touristy things by doing that and food of course.
    Thanks for hosting!!

I heard of Groupon somewhere else and checked it out. Unfortunately, I live far away from the closest one. Maybe someday they’ll come to Missoula.

Knoxville, TN residents can also use FlutterToday (www.fluttertoday.com). It’s the same concept, but locally-owned in the Knoxville area. I just bought from them last week and was blown away by their awesome customer service!

(I don’t work for them nor have they compensated me for telling the world how much I love them. I just really love them!)

WE love groupon! I’ve used several for kids places around here. Which reminds me…one is expiring on 7/30! There’s a ton in the phoenix area like groupon, too, so if you’re in a big city you can usually find others like it! It’s great.

I’m hearing more and more about Groupon. A local homeschooling group used it to save on museum membership. I think a friend told me she got good tickets for a concert through Groupon. I think it’s time to sign up because buying tickets for five kids is getting really really expensive, especially at $20/person for some stuff.

9. jenny says

i love groupon. so far i’ve gotten groupons for cooking classes for my son, a walking food tour, frozen yogurt and a fancy dinner for our next date night. :)