*Updated with Winner* Congratulations to reader Heidi H. (email@example.com)
So. About last night.
I laughed so hard my cheeks hurt and my sides ached. In the roar of the crowd, I could hear a woman laughing uncontrollably, slapping her knee and wheezing. It was me. It felt so good.
Tim Hawkins is a Christian comedian with an edge. He’s like a clean version of Larry the Cable guy. He’s quirky, off-the-wall and absolutely hilarious. He’s well-known for his YouTube song parodies (just type in his name on YouTube), but his stand-up act is my favorite.
Although, his Chick Fil A song is like a lullaby to me.
His jokes about the church, marriage and parenting are so funny because they are based on truth.
Some of my favorite lines of the night:
- The end time is near. We know this because of the invention of the Snuggie.
- Churches that are non-denominational are just Baptist with a cool website.
- Thesaurus prayers- people who pray like this, “Dear God, please lead, guide, direct, show us the way”
- What is up with people who squeeze your hand at the end of a prayer? KNOCK IT OFF. You’re freaking us out!
- The Duggars need a hobby.
- [On Twitter] No one gives two twits about what you tweet.
- You know you’re a parent when you end your sentences in LOUD ADVERBS “Come here quickly. Get over here pronto. Obey me now.”
- Tim ended the night with a song about “if you’ve tinkled (from laughing), I’ve done my job here.” And then, he thew out DEPENDS UNDERGARMENTS to the audience!
We stood in line and had Mr. Hawkins autograph his latest DVD. It’s 2 hours of hilarity. I said, “I’m giving this one away on my blog.” He said, “What’s the name of your blog?”
“We are THAT family,” I answered.
He laughed, “we are that family, too!”
Aren’t we all??
(sorry about the blurry shot-Have you ever tried to take a photo with a comedian? They don’t stand very still!)
So. Up for grabs: An autographed copy of Tim Hawkins newest comedy DVD, “I’m No Rockstar.” It’s two hours full of videos, jokes and songs. GREAT FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT! It’s sure to make you laugh, even cry, maybe reach for the Depends!
Have you ever heard a song or comedy act by Tim Hawkins? Is this your first intro? Leave a comment and tell me your favorite thing he does to be entered.
You can shop here.