My hubby and I have been teaching Sunday School for a couple of years. We teach 5, 6, and 7 year olds.
The lesson is usually taught by my hubby and I tackle the crafts every week.
But I live for “prayer request time.” But don’t let my holiness deceive you, some weeks it’s the best laugh I get.
Because 5, 6 and 7 year old pray about everything. And I mean, everything.
I’ve been jotting down some of the especially
hilarious heart-felt ones.
It starts out like this: “Do y’all have any prayer requests this week?”
Every hand shoots up in the air. We go around the table, one-by-one. We pray for scratches and scabs. We lift up sick grandparents and broken toys. And sometimes, we pray for:
- “The freckle on my butt”
- “I was late for church because my parents were fighting in the car.”
- “The birthday party I went to yesterday was fun. Except for the disgusting cake. Can we pray about that?”
- “My dad says bad words like _______”
- “My mom called my brother a dork. And that’s very bad.”
- “I don’t like my sister.”
- My pet hamster has ring worm.
We thought about moving on to another class since our kids aren’t in ours anymore.
But I can’t give up prayer request time.