WFMW: Make a Family Memory Box

I can hardly believe that summer is nearly over!

If it weren’t for the HEAT, I’d let summer stay forever. But the heat index of 111 the past few days, makes me glisten.

We’ve made some pretty great memories this summer and I want to treasure them.

Last summer, in one of my DIY posts, I showed my readers an old printer’s tray, turned-unique-table. I got it for $10 and wasn’t sure what I would do with it.

Here’s a peek at it:

Several of my readers suggested turning into a memory box to store trinkets and treasures from family moments.

We’ve done just that with our summer memories:

It’s one of my most-prized possessions: every ticket stub, seashell and special rock is a precious memory. Now that we are geocaching, we have a place to store our caches! My kid’s love looking at it and talking about the memories.

A family memory box works for us!

Here are the WFMW guidelines.

Comments

Oh my WORD! I LOVE that idea!!! I bet your kids get to tell the stories and show each little treasure to their friends! Now, if I could just find a place to put the memory box in our house…

Happy WFMW!! :-)

What a fun idea1 When I was a kid my mom took a printer’s tray for eachof us kids hung it on a wall and had us put little souvenirs in it. we really enjoyed them as kids.

Fun table!! I’ll have to keep my eye out for something fun like that! :)

Thanks for hosting again… I linked up a YUMMY raw cookie dough recipe (without eggs so it’s safe to eat) and an easy tutorial I wrote about how to get started with digital scrapbooking!

Have a good week,
    Colette

I love this idea! Have you seen the Memorial Box Monday posts at A Place Called Simplicity blog? http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com

They do a link up party every week where readers share their memorial box stories. This box is specifically for putting in small objects to remind the family of how God is working in their lives. For example, when God protected their family from being harmed during a robbery, they put something in the box to symbolize God’s love and protection for them! I think it is a wonderful idea and would be a great addition to your memorial table.

I am not affiliated with their blog, just an avid reader and wanted to share:)

I really love that! What a beautiful way to treasure family moments. My favorite part is that you are reminded of all those fun times every day! (great, now I’m overcome with the desire to learn how to build furniture ;))

This is an amazingly clever idea, and it turned out beautifully. I can’t believe you got this table for only $10! It’s a great way to store all those souvenirs you collect over time.

Another great way to store treasured family memories is with AboutOne.com, an online family management journal that helps busy moms (and dads!) store and manage precious memories and household information.

Very few baby books go beyond a child’s 5th year, so capturing these memories for an older child or adult means you need to create custom scrapbooks. Many parents don’t have time to do that. Using AboutOne.com with your camera or smartphone, you can easily capture and preserve your family’s memorable moments in seconds, right when they happen. With no additional record-keeping, you can then pass the online scrapbook down to your children, include the memories in newsletters to share online with family and friends, and use them to automatically create hardcover photo memory books.

visit http://aboutone.com for a free trial!

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers?

My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of
    hard work due to no back up. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?