Love Mercy

I know I ask a lot of y’all. I never thought my blog would turn into a place where I ask for things (Hospice blankets, preemie clothes, baby formula, pillow cases, shoes, etc), but it has.

I’m not sorry.

It is what it is.

I’m going to keep putting opportunities before you and asking you to put yourself in other people’s shoes (or lack thereof). Speaking of, we are still collecting shoes until the end of September. Please consider sending a pair or two. So far, we have 144 150 pairs in my garage! You can read more about the project here.

In the last few months, it’s become very clear to me that my blog has grown and gathered influence for a specific purpose. I will be sharing more about it in detail,but I know this for sure: God has a plan.

God is using  you to change the world, one project at a time.

I’m just a regular mom and I don’t want you to think for ONE minute I’m something special or better in anyway. I yell at my kids, nag my hubby, worry about money, my kids, decisions I make, I even sweep dirt under my rug and restart the dishwasher because I don’t want to empty it.

But it feels like the last year has been leading up to THIS moment and I can’t wait to unveil it.

My 3 year blogging anniversary is coming up, but in lieu of  a party or a ton of giveaways to celebrate, I’m going to share with you what God has been leading our family to over the summer. We’ve been working furiously the last few months and during the week of September 13, I will be revealing the next chapter of this blog and our lives.

I’m going to ask you for one more thing: will you pray? I know you don’t know the details yet, but will you ask God to continue to lead us and for your own heart to be open to what He might ask of you the week of September 13 and the months to come?

I’m so glad y’all are on this journey with me!

I will tell you: It’s BIG. Because that’s how God likes to do things. And I’m going to need your help!

(Please note: WFMW will continue and I will put up a linky on Wed. Sept. 15)

Comments

Big is awesome and definitely God’s way. I am feeling so many similar things to you right now, in my own way, and all I can say is I’m glad God is who He is!! Praying big, extravagant blessings on your next steps.

xo & blessings
    melissa

My prayers are with you and your family. Your journey is truly inspiring us to do more no matter how little or much we have. Thank you!

Thanks for the update on the shoes! Will check our finances before the end of the month to see if we might be able to donate more.

Kristen- I’m so impressed and encouraged by the way you have used your blog to carry out the Lord’s will and share His love with His people.

I’ve been praying for “the next step” and will continue to do so! I’m so so excited for you and cannot wait to hear details later this month!!

*Would you also pray for me? It seems I’m getting sick, and I’m sure you know that it’s always a little scarier when you’re in another country, away from home!

First of all, I love that you restart your dishwasher because you don’t feel like unloading it. I have done that before! LOL!!! Second, I got all goosebumpy reading about the big adventure God has ahead for you and your family. I can’t wait to hear the details! Third, I have added you to my prayer notebook, and I will be faithfully praying for you in the coming weeks. Thanks so much for your blog over the last 2 1/2 years that I have been following it. So many times I have been encouraged, and so many times I have laughed because of you.

5. Molly says

I have goosebumps. I am not a church-going, God-fearing individual, so I will send happy thoughts and good wishes your way.

Praying. And I’d also like to say that, while I’ve always enjoyed your blog, I love it even more now that you inspire me through these projects… I am so thankful to you for raising ALL of our awareness about the very real needs that are out there. Too often, it’s hard to know where to start. You make it a little easier. Thank you for that.

Wow, what an amazing privilege to pray for you! I can’t wait for the unveiling, as I seem to find myself on a similar path of loving mercy, only on a MUCH smaller scale (not my love, but my sphere of influence). I’ve been planning for a month for my very little reveal tomorrow. I feel like I’m taking little baby steps compared to your giant leaps, but I am thrilled to be walking on this path that God has paved for me and my family, just as I am thrilled for you and your family. May God be extravagant in His work through you!

I will pray! Will you pray for me too that week. My hubby will be in Africa. He’ll actually be there from the 10th to the 19th…and I’ll be home alone with 3 kids.

I will be praying for you and your family. God has done amazing work with all of you and in turn challenging all those who connect with you on your blog. I’m so thankful that you are being obedient to the Lord and following His leading!!

10. elizabethk says

I believe you are asking for the children, the poor – those who are not receiving the material bounty we all have (undeservedly) and I say, amen to that! I love that you remind us here that you are just like us…for I get so wrapped up in not being perfect and not possibly being able to do something for God. I mean – I do daily things with and for my family — but nothing earth shattering. You are showing us what it is to step out on the scary precipice called — faith!!

May God richly bless you AND your family, and all those you touch. Now, I need to join you on that journey…and also order some more shoes!!

11. One Blessed Mamma says

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8…Sweet words from our Lord. I can’t wait to see what He is calling you to…

Kristen,
    Yes, I will pray for you! I love the ways God is leading you and the way He is showing off His glory through your blog. Can’t wait to hear your news!
    Becky

Kristen!
    5 weeks until I start my Kenya adventure and project! You have been so inspirational in this personal journey. Thank you and thank you for not apologizing for placing those opportunities infront of others…it’s something I struggle with (asking for help from others ongoing)..but it definately is what it is! WELL SAID!
    Jenn