WFMW: How to Eat a Cupcake

[This post required a fair amount of um, research. It was a hard job, but somebody had to do it.]

I used to get frustrated with eating cupcakes because I like to eat icing with every bite of cake. This always proved to be difficult because I always had cake leftover. I want to share THE PERFECT way to eat a cupcake and get icing with every bite: I give you a cupcake sandwich.

This might just change your cupcake-eating life:

Step 1: Make/Buy a cupcake.

Step 2: Remove cupcake wrapper.

Step 3: Carefully break off bottom half of cake. Seriously.

Step 4: Press broken half of cake ON TOP of icing, where icing is in the middle of two cake halves

photo source

Step 5: Eat.

Step 6: Repeat often.

Cupcake sandwiches work for me!

PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL NOT BE HAVING WFMW NEXT WEEK IN HONOR OF TIME OFF WITH OUR FAMILIES TO CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING.

Comments

Kristen,

Sometimes you’re too cute for your own good…like right now! A cupcake sandwich? BRILLIANT!

I pulled out my recipe for Apple Pie & an easy homemade crust, inspired by your cupcake tweets :). Plus, it’s “that” time of year and this recipe is tested and foolproof!

Courtney says

Oh my! This is such a GREAT tip! I, too, like to eat icing with every bite, and often the icing falls off the cupcake and I have icing in one hand and cake in the other. This is the PERFECT tip! Love it!

I’ve heard from so many of my customers that they do exactly the same thing prior to enjoying a cupcake. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Mmm, messy and delicious! I love cake and cupcakes. What we do at our house is, I put tons of frosting on my cake. So much in fact that there is usually enough to scrap off to the side. My husband gets totally frustrated, too, if there isn’t plenty of frosting. I’ve learned to accommodate his wishes years ago by being very generous with the frosting. LOL. =P

You made my life a little happier with the Cupcake sandwich idea. I am exactly the same – no icing, too much cake. While it’s not the answer to world peace, it has given me a lil’ more peace. Bring on the cupcakes! :)

I LOVE your how to eat a cupcake idea. Why has no one thought of this before? Why have I been eating cupcakes wrong all these years? :) Thanks for this. Can’t wait to try it.