Yesterday was my birthday.
I turned 38. Since 40 is the new black, I feel okay about that.
My hubby got me these.
I got myself a new heating pad.
I started thinking about all the lessons I’ve learned through the years of birthdays:
- I’ve learned you can’t hide vitamins up your nose because they melt and cause your parents to FREAK out (age 4)
- I’ve learned that even your dog won’t eat the fried liver from your plate (Dad’s favorite meal growing up) (age 8
- I’ve learned when your Mom requests prayer for your sick dog, the pastor might laugh. This is a problem. (age 10)
- I’ve learned that when your best friend sneaks Dirty Dancing (the movie) to you at church, you will accidentally leave it at the sign in table and have to go in front of the entire youth group to claim it (age 14)
- I’ve learned that just because you can drive, doesn’t mean you have a car and just because you can date, doesn’t mean you will be asked out (age 16)
- I’ve learned that the first boy you meet on the first day of college could actually be THE ONE. (age 18)
- I’ve learned that not discovering above lesson could cause you to date the wrong people. (age 21)
- I’ve learned to balance my checkbook or call home for a loan. (age 23)
- I’ve learned not to participate in public speaking events when I’m on a fertility drug (age 27)
- I’ve learned that all those rejection letters from book publishers really do develop character (age 29)
- I’ve learned that being a mom is the hardest and greatest job I’ve ever had (age 30)
- I’ve learned that it can happen to you (age 33)
- I’ve learned that pregnancy after 35 is WOW. Oh, the droopage. (age 35)
- I’ve learned to turn around and walk away from my tween’s messy bedroom (yesterday)
My big birthday lesson this year: My plans aren’t nearly as good as God’s and they are called LAUGH LINES not crow’s feet. thankyouverymuch.
What have you learned this year?
But what I’m really asking is HOW OLD ARE YOU??