WFMW: My Encouragement Bowl

I have a pretty bowl sitting on my desk.

It’s full of love.

It’s my encouragement bowl.

For the last 3 years, I’ve tucked little notes of encouragement, thank you’s and what-not notes, into it’s porcelain hands.

When I’m feeling discouraged or overwhelmed or under-appreciated, I go to the bowl for encouragement.  Sometimes I just look up from my laptop and labor and let the written words remind me that I’m not alone.

My tip: get a bowl and fill it with encouragement.

p.s. got my cute bowl from Dayspring

Comments

LOVE IT! I especially love the black/white with red bowl. I have my Inspire File. I keep inspirational things in it to cheer me up and inspire me.

I love that idea! As an educator, we often get nice notes from administration, and like a personal bowl at home, it is always nice to keep those notes tucked away in one’s work desk drawers for those special days when you need it. :)

I LOVE your idea! Thanks so much for sharing. For years I kept all the thank you notes I received in a file folder, but I never once looked at them again so I started tossing them, and that just felt bad too. Now I’m going to follow your suggestion. (At one point when I had tiny children I was encouraged to make a list of my “successes” – little things like I made a difficult phone call, or the living room was tidied each night for a week – to review when I was discouraged. It really works and helps to put things in perspective.)

What a great idea! I have a box in the closet where I save letters and cards but I think it’s a great idea to keep them out like you do. Thanks for sharing!

Love the bowl and great idea…I kinda have one of those on my desk and it’s a catch-all for my ephemera and memorabilia. I made the sweetie pie pops TWICE now for Valentines Day and they were so loved by my family and very easy to make…try it you’ll like it ;)

I think this is one of the most vital info for me. And i am glad reading your article.
    But should remark on few general things, The site
    style is wonderful, the articles is really great : D.

Good job, cheers