How an Introvert Has a Book Signing

Q: What do you call a stack of books hot-off-the press, a cup of new rainbow Sharpees and a new author?

A: An introvert at her book signing.

[insert nausea here]

Until the cookies arrived and suddenly I felt better.

My sweet friend, neighbor and baker-extraordinaire Bridget, arrived with these:

Suddenly, I wanted to write seven more books.

It ended up being a really fun day shared with great friends!

My super supportive family was there to celebrate eat cookies.

I sold out of books and a bunch of t-shirts and jewelry to benefit the Mercy House!

Still don’t have a copy of my book? It’s being featured at the Bloom Book Club at (in)courage this week and THREE copies are being given away today! Or you can buy it here.

Whew!

P.S. I hope you’ll join me on Monday at Grace Cafe (Blog Talk Radio) for a one hour radio interview.

P.S. S. Yes, I’m nervous. Like you had to ask.

P.S. S. Photos courtesy of my amazing neighbor who conveniently deleted all the photos of herself!

Comments

Oh Kristen… I am so happy for you. And so excited for you! Congratulations. Those cookies are too cute! What a sweet friend you have! I love the family picture! :)

2. Linsay says

Congrats and can I just say that it is absolutely frickin adorable how proud your son looks holding your hand! I miss that with my oldest.

I saw those cookies and thought “seriously? An author AND a cookie decorator in one neighborhood?” I may need to move there. LOL.

Congratulations, Kristen! So happy that you are raising money for Mercy House!

I too love the picture of your family with your proud son holding your hand Kristen. What an amazing life you and your husband are creating for your children and others! Congratulations!

Oh, it was so cool! :) So happy to be there…and to bring cookies, of course! And, yes, those pictures of ME are never to be found again! ;)

LOVE your kiddo holding your hand. You guys are the cutest!

Congrats on the book! Here’s to the next one!!!

do you think if I write a book Bridget will make and bring ME cookies?!

I love that picture of you and your family………look at your son holding your hand and arm!

so weet Kristen!

7. Tara says

I love your book, I love your blog and I just love your family and haven’t even met you guys! Each day I read your blog I am comforted to know that I’m normal, inspired to be a better mom, and encouraged to improve my relationship with God. You are a wonderful person doing amazing things! Thank you for the example that you set! Good luck in all that you are doing!

Tara

8. T W says

Wow! Some guy really got blessed to have a wife like you. You are beautiful and talented. He better keep an eye on you. ;)

Awww – don’t be afraid! Satan’s just trying to make you feel inadequate. Just be yourself. :)

Love those cookies, by the way! What a special gift!

That’s awesome! I LOOOOVE those cookies – that is absolutely amazing!

Also just wanted to say thanks for sending many visitors my way – I was looking at my stats and saw that tons of people have visited from here and I just wanted to say thanks a million!

11. patti says

Look at your son holding your hand….so sweet. Brought a tear to my eye, they won’t hold your hand when they’re 18. Enjoy it! Congrats on the book!

Kristen, I am really enjoying your book.

I am really glad that we got to be part of your “exciting” day.

Chrissy

(OY… I really wanted to comment more… but it is hard to think of something to write when you have a little one demanding your attention…. which is something I know you can relate to.

13. Megan G. says

I’m sure you did great! How exciting!

Can I just say that I LOVE how your son is holding your hand and touching your arm – so sweet. That warmed my heart.

Oh, look at you!! You look AMAZING!!! And, I have to admit, so do the cookies. :-) Just so excited for you, and for your family!

So–when are you coming to Branson???

(P.S.–I really love your shirt!)

Good afternoon! I really enjoyed listening to your interview this morning on Grace Cafe. I will be in prayer for you and your ministry. Thanks for sharing your heart.

I am so excited for you. I truelly believe when we follow God’s word he blesses out actions and he is blessing yours. Praying for mercy house. sharpies are one of my most favorite things

I could have sworn I saw someone that looks just like you at Chick Fil A yesterday. Anyways, those cookies look amazing! Congrats on your book!!