How You Can Pray for Us

I stood in the kitchen a few night ago, the reality of what we are about to do, settling in. It wasn’t a heaviness really, more like an O MY WORD slapping me upside the head.

I asked my hubby: “Why don’t you think God asked someone else to do this? Ya know, like someone with a lot of money, someone who wouldn’t have to believe for every dollar.”

“Or someone who had global experience, older kids, an extrovert with a love for adventure (everything I’m not).”

My hubby hugged me. The O GOOD GRAVY feeling eased.

He didn’t say a word. Because bottom line: God asked and we said yes.

And I do feel a lot of peace, especially when I remind myself He used a donkey once…..

I’m not bold. If you know me in real life, it’s probably because you approached me. But from the very beginning when we shared this vision with you-still new and unfolding each day–we knew we could never do this alone. We knew we needed you.

Will you pray for us?

I don’t like to over-spiritualize stuff, but in the last week, I’ve had a kidney infection, my mother-in-law had emergency gall-bladdar surgery, and today, my mom slipped on water and had to have 5 staples in her head (which I will be removing in Africa)-plus, my hubby’s been out of town with his job (but on the way home now). Seriously?  I don’t think it’s a coincidence Maureen brought in our first girl today with two more needy, pregnant girls pending.

Please consider printing out this calendar/itinerary and ask God to use our simple family to encourage and equip the staff, to love on Maureen and the residents, to be Jesus’ hands and feet….

You can download and print the prayer calendar here:  Prayer Calendar

Thank you.

Comments

Yes! We will be praying for you and your family and for those you meet along the way! Thank you for giving us a way to partner with you!

I’ve already been praying for you, Maureen and your upcoming trip! 2 days before my husband left for a medical mission trip to Ghana we were hit really hard by two separate events. They both rocked our world for a little bit but I knew immediately what was happening. Please know that I’ll be praying for your protection (both physically and spiritually) and that God’s presence will be strongly felt while you and your family are there! :)

Love God Greatly!
    -Angela

Heather Triplett says

I have been praying for you, your family, and Mercy House, b/c I’ve been in Africa and experienced the spiritual warfare that takes place before, during, and after trips there. Make no mistake about it, it’s real, and you are experiencing it. I’ve heard on numerous occasions, from someone who’s traveled to many foreign countries and continents, just how bad it is in Africa. According to her? The worst. But have no fear!! We know Who is greater! Go with God and may He fill you with His PEACE. :) You will have MANY lifting you and your family up.

You got it, sister. We will be praying and following along and praising for every blessing. So thrilled that the first girl is already there. Praying for her and the two who are waiting.

I’m new to your blog…and just reading about your upcoming adventure…wow! God is going to do INCREDIBLE things through you guys– I will be praying for you…and for your mom and all of the other craziness going on…Blessings.

Erin @ Gourmet Frugality says

I will certainly be praying for you. I think you and your family are doing a wonderful thing for these girls and for God.

Racheal says

I will be praying for you and your family and staff. It is such an awesome thing that God has called you and your family to do. I’m so glad that we, your readers, can have a part in this with you. Whom God calls, he also equips. Praying for safety for all involved and that your trip will be blessed and that you will get everything done that needs doing in this short amount of time. And if God called someone who already had all the resources to get this thing going, it wouldn’t be the miracle that it is. It is a blessing to have seen this all unfold and I look so forward to your posts about what is about to happen on your trip. Seems like the enemy must be a bit nervous and trying to stop your family from going, but our God is much greater. I will be remembering you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Oh thank-you… you have no idea what a blessing this is… I love being able to pray intelligently… “God please be with that traveling family” takes on a whole new meaning when we can pray specifically!!! Love it and have no idea where you find the time!!!

Deb Wilson says

I am praying too, and have been. Everyday. Thank you for the calendar, it will help me be much more specific. And THANK YOU for saying “yes”.

Meagan says

For some reason, X3watch won’t let me view the calendar, but I’ll be praying for protection for you all from the enemy’s attacks, and for safety and fruitful work. Can’t wait to see how God uses your family even further in this endeavor!!

It’s printing now and going immediately on our fridge.

I can’t believe 2 families we love are departing for Africa on the same day. Our friends the Cassadas are leaving for Rwanda with 3 of their 4 children to pick up their 2 boys on Sunday!

Jennifer says

I tell my first graders that we don’t have to be bold, daring, and adventurous to be missionaries, that God will use us where He wants us. I also tell them that we don’t have to have lots of money to support missionaries either, that we can always pray, no matter what. So, I will definitely download the calendar and be praying for your journey.

christel says

Will be praying!
    Unfortunately, I can only get the calendar to save or download with random pictures (no text); will bookmark it instead, I guess. :-(

Jessica says

My family and I are praying for you! I read your blog and am encouraged by what God is leading you and your family to do.
    Jessica

I am so thankful that you DID say YES!! It has been such an honor to have met you- to have introduced myself :) to your sweet, kind spirit that one Wednesday- and to watch this all unfold. I remember telling my mom about you guys and telling her how quiet- introverted- I thought you were to have this blog and be writing your book and THEN I talked to you about Mercy House at the orpahan care meeting and I saw you just beaming and gushing about this amazing passion, this amazing story… you are right where you are meant to be! God designed such a warrior partnership between you and Maureen and I cannot wait to see and hear about all the lives this house is going to touch. I haven’t stopped thinking about and praying or these girls since Sunday… my heart is just exploding with excitement and joy over their future.
    Oh how we will be praying for you guys… for the spiritual warfare that may come as the enemy tries to foil plans and create fears and doubts. For safety in your travels, for happy children on the plane ride, for bold spirits and open hearts. For these precious mommies to feel the love of Jesus through you and your family. For Maureen to feel rejuvenated with your presence there. your precious family is on my mind, in my prayers and deep in my heart.

Beth says

You can certainly count on our prayers!! We’ve already been praying for ALL the wonderful things God is going to do! What a mighty God we serve! Sweet Blessings!!!!

Sounds like Satan is working overtime to try to stop you from taking this trip!

I have printed out the calendar and will consider it an honer and a privilege to pray for you and your family and everyone else involved with Mercy House!

Joy says

I am honored to pray for your family and the lives you will touch on this trip. I have been a reader of your blog for a long time but rarely comment. I just had a surgery yesterday and will be home resting for the next couple of weeks so it is a perfect time for me to pray. Thanks for sharing and letting us be a part of your journey.
    Joy in Texas

Dear Kristen,

I just went on the web site for Mercy House and I’m touched in a way I can’t even begin to describe. Forever I’ve had this desire to go to Africa, and I’ve also wanted to help young women to choose courage and birth babies instead of choosing abortions. I’ve never really thought about whether the two desires weave together, but all I can say is that I was totally…I don’t know…inspired/joyful/excited about the Mercy House. Have courage and trust Him. I’ll be praying for you.

In the mean time, I’ve added the button for Mercy House on my blog.

Rich blessings as you See what He has for you there in Africa this time around…

I love, love, love how you said “God used a donkey once.” Oh my goodness. I’ve been feeling so inadequate for my own mission trip to El Salvador next week. This is my first time on your blog, and low and behold I find words that change my mindset completely! Thank you so much :) I’ll be praying for and following your journey.

Lysa says

I just saw on Jennifer’s FB post that you are in the hospital. Oh my word!!!!!!! Praying different prayers now, but, still that God’s will will be done. This is God’s timing and we can’t question it. I can’t wait to see what God’s plan is in all of this.
    Hugs, and prayers for your health Kristen.
    Lysa, in SC