WFMW: Kid’s Clothes Swap

I thought this was such a great idea. With three kids, I can’t keep up with how fast they are growing–daily it seems! I’ve asked OutGrowingIn.com to share about their [affordable] solution:

Kids grow and as much as we might try, we just can’t stop it. They get bigger and go from crawling to walking to running in a heartbeat. It’s a part of life and as parents, it’s both our privilege and our pride to watch them grow.

Sometimes that growth comes at a cost when they go from a size 5 to a size 7 overnight. Clothes aren’t cheap! Purchasing new clothes and figuring out what to do with the outgrown clothes is just a part of life when you are a parent.

Christine Korkin, the founder of OutGrowingIn.com, knows this first hand. One day she opened her son’s closet and was overwhelmed with all of the clothes she saw there. She knew that many of them no longer fit and she searched for a way to easily and affordably undertake the out-with-the-old and in-with-the-new process. When Christine realized that what she sought did not exist, she brainstormed with her programmer husband and OutGrowingIn was born.

On the OutGrowingIn website, parents can swap boxes of their children’s gently-used outgrown clothes for a box in another size. The average box listed on the site contains 12 items and the cost for each swapped box purchase is just $3, plus shipping and handling. This means the price of each article is much less than retail and even significantly less than you’d find at a thrift shop. The site is free to all, although there is also a premium membership option that offers several additional features for users.

In addition to clothes swapping, OutGrowingIn also offers a Marketplace where parenting items, toys and baby items can be listed. This service acts similarly to eBay but with a commission rate of only 6%. This is a great alternative for families looking to make a little extra money or to find a great deal on any needed items.

In honor of the great work being done by Kristen and her family, OutGrowingIn will be donating 50% of all premium membership purchases through the end of September to The Mercy House Kenya. It’s just a small way for us to show our support!

Thank you! I hope you guys will give OutGrowingIn.com a try. I know I will!

———–

[Please note: these are the suggested themes for the first Wed. of each month for the rest of 2011. These themed WFMW are optional ideas for those who might be running out of tips!]

[Sept. 7: Share something that DOESN’T work for you]

[Oct. 5: Share a great FALL tip]

[Nov. 9: Share your best entertaining tip]

[Dec. 7: Share your favorite store for shopping with purpose]

Comments

Love the great photos of your family in your frame at the top of the page. Very sweet!
    Thanks for hosting.

e-Mom @ Susannah’s {Kitchen} & Chrysalis

I will check this out!! Thankfully my sister-in-law has three children so I was blessed with some used clothing. Outgrowingin sounds like a great idea! Thank you for hosting. I always enjoy it :)

We have done this with big girl clothes as well. It was an amazing time, and we each walked away with the same number of clothing pieces we came with, but a whole new wardrobe!

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time
    to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read more things about it!

Hello! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I’d figured I’d ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog
    article or vice-versa? My site discusses a lot of the same
    subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each
    other. If you are interested feel free to send me an email.

I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I’ve found It absolutely
    useful and it has helped me out loads. I’m hoping to contribute & help other users like its helped me. Great job.

Great goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. I actually like what you have acquired here, really like what you’re stating
    and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still
    take care of to keep it smart. I can not wait to read much more from
    you. This is really a great web site.

I got my bar about two weeks ago I really dont have the money to buy
    sea salt and havent really looked because im sure its expensive and I want to understand if regular kitchen
    salt is okay to clean it with..

[url=www.joehaas.net/]www.joehaas.net/[/url]
    [url=http://www.joehaas.net/]www.joehaas.net[/url]
    ブランド バッグ、財布通販店♪高品質、低価格のシャネル バッグ、シャネル 財布、シャネル バッグ 新作、シャネル ピアス、シャネル ネックレス、シャネル 財布 2013 新作、シャネル バッグ 新作 2013 秋冬、シャネル バッグ 人気 2013 秋冬販売!通販価格でさらに大幅値下げ、安心で購入してください!
    [img]http://www.joehaas.net/includes/templates/joehaas/images/brand/top02.jpg[/img]
    http://www.joehaas.net/ロエベ 財布

I am looking to buy some dead ocean salt because i read that its very great for the skin but most products
    I discovered online are from america and quite costly (thinking about ur
    just buying sea salt). . . Does anybody know from where I can buy this online,
    preferably directly from Jordan at reasonable prices?.