WFMW: Pinterest

Well, I’ve gone and done it. Even though I said I wouldn’t.

I’ve fallen down the Pinterest hole and I can’t get out.

I’m really new. But I’m in love.

It’s basically an online bulletin board…you can search for subjects like ‘recycled magazines’ and find the most fabulous ideas! For awhile, I just searched, but I went ahead and started my own boards and I’m a “pinning” fool:

Want to follow me?

I’ve already found so many fabulous ideas for Mercy House products and fair trade shows we’re starting to do, so it’s a good addiction right??

Like this amazing paper bowl:

Did you know the shape was created by blowing up a balloon and once the pieces were glued into place and dry, the balloon is popped. Our girls are trying to make them this week!

Do you pin? tell me your address in the comments and I’ll follow back!

Comments

yeah! so glad you’re liking it! i actually saw that bowl on there and thought of you guys =) i also got some fun super simple but cute earrings that are made out of the magazines. so fun =)

um ya, i also fell into the pintrest hole of no return. i want to know if i can somehow use it to increase blog traffic? if you have figured that out post it for all to read :0)

• 15.1

I think you can pin things from your blog which will link it back to the blog, wouldn’t it? Haven’t tried it yet as I don’t know that I have anything Pinterest worthy (aka, ubercool) to link! :) Alot of the stuff I link to takes you to websites and blogs and I’ve found some really cool new ones!

• 15.2

I get a lot of traffic from Pinterest, it is why I eventually signed up, I had to see what it was all about!!! Not so much what I do but what others have pinned from my site… one pin and then heaps of people repin it and the traffic flows… Once they come and look at a crafty tutorial they find another and another. Really it has been a great source of traffic lately and the best part is I haven’t had to do anything!!!

• 15.2.1

That has been my experience too! I saw traffic from it and had to check it out! I haven’t tried it yet…you need to be invited or something? I’m still learning! Haha! :)
        Also, I see blogs with little “Pin It” buttons…oh my! the possibilities!

Between Pinterest and StumbleUpon I could spend all day just surfing.
    I love to combine the two and add new things to pinterest. If you haven’t tried StumbleUpon, it brings up websites you might never have found otherwise based on your interests. I’ve found some pretty cool stuff on there.
    Anyway, Happy pinning.

Kara

I have not tried pinterest yet. Resisting. I really don’t need another thing to spend time with online. And yet it’s so very, very tempting.

Anyhoo, I linked up a recipe for sweetened condensed milk substitute. I love finding ways to not buy overpriced cans.

Heck yes I pin! I so love it, and I actually follow through with making some recipes or DIY projects, etc. that I pin. At first I thought it was overwhelming, but I’m fairly selective about what I pin. Every Wednesday on my blog, I post my Pinterest Favorites, today’s is about Fall Decoration. I’m headed to Michael’s this weekend to get some items to make some fall decor. Sometimes, I just need a little inspiration and direction, and Pinterest helps me with that. I have that “slap my forehead and say, ‘Why didn’t I think of that’” moment a lot when browsing Pinterest!

Amber says

I am completely in love with Pinterest! Such a wonderful resource and organizing tool!! I’m on there at pinterest.com/amberwiggins. Love all the great stuff you’re finding for Mercy House!

Diana says

Ooh, I love pinterest! It’s funny because just by pinning something, I no longer feel like I need to go out and buy it…so that’s a good thing right?? haha. I’ve gotten some great ideas for my daughter’s birthday party too. http://pinterest.com/dboso/

I am on Pinterest however I tend to only pin on the slower days of life and in spurts. My biggest dilemma is how do people find all the cool stuff to pin? I do google searches but that takes up a lot of time to weed through things. I do find some things on blogs here and there but I mostly follow inspirational blogs.

Anyways – I love having a spot for my dreams and wishes. :) http://www.pinterest.com/DionnaSanchez

• 70.1

I pulled the picture off of pinterest to send to Kenya, but when I went back while I was writing the post, I spent WAY too much time trying to find it again to credit it. Seriously COULD NOT find it. . . it must have been pulled or something. Decided it was too pretty not to share :)

Most definitely addictive. Wasn’t able to make your link-up last week, but my Pinterest profile:

Don’t know if you got my post on your Facebook wall, either, but I mentioned you in the Faithful Bloggers podcast our blog was featured on a couple of weeks ago. I’m a new follower of your blog, but I really admire what you do through your blog and had to mention it during the interview. :)

judy watts says

Hi
    I was wondering if there is a specific link that has the info on how you make these paper bowls. Like how they cut and fold the paper, what kinds of paper, ect. I really want to make some of these.

Thanks
    Judy

I really like what you guys are usually up too.
    This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the good works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my personal blogroll.

[url=http://www.winker.fr/doudoune-canada-goose-femme/canada-goose-mystique-parka]Canada Goose Mystique Parka[/url] Although they’re not really in the same family, I always group gooseberries currants since I ate them together and they grew in bushes right next to each other. It’s time to take stock, take charge and take some of my ratty old toppers to the giveaway bin. [url=http://www.optikerandresen.no/canada-goose-ontario-parka-c-40_49/]Canada Goose Ontario Parka[/url] Rvperl [url=http://www.venmedlivet.dk/moncler-karak-c-19_32_120/dynejakker-moncler-fashion-style-maend-lilla-p-305.html]Køb Dynejakker Moncler Fashion Style Mænd Lilla i danmark[/url]
    [url=http://www.cospaca.fr/canada-goose-pas-cher.php]canada goose pas cher[/url] Vwbpxn The best leather tab based needs to have identical degree of stitches round the best. [url=http://www.gwdothemath.ca]canada goose outlet online[/url]
    [url=http://www.optikerandresen.no/canada-goose-manitoba-jacket-c-40_51/]Canada Goose Manitoba Jacket[/url] 3219698694

Hi everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this web site, and paragraph is really fruitful in
    support of me, keep up posting these types of
    articles or reviews.

Hello excellent blog! Does running a blog such as this take a great deal of
    work? I’ve very little understanding of computer programming but I had
    been hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, should you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners please share.

I understand this is off subject but I simply needed to ask.
    Thank you!

Hey there terrific website! Does running a blog similar to this take a great deal of work?
    I’ve no expertise in programming however I had been hoping
    to start my own blog soon. Anyway, should you have any ideas or tips for new
    blog owners please share. I know this is off topic but I
    just wanted to ask. Thank you!

What i do not realize is in reality how you’re now not really much more neatly-favored than you
    might be right now. You’re very intelligent.
    You already know thus considerably with regards to this subject, produced me in my opinion consider it from numerous varied angles.
    Its like men and women are not interested until it’s something to
    accomplish with Woman gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.
    At all times maintain it up!

my homepage; http://Dailymotion.com/