Family Gift: TableTalk Chalkboard PlaceMats {Free Printable}

I don’t regret turning our dining table into a chalkboard. We’ve already had some of the most amazing conversations and connections.

I think everyone should involve drawing and doodling with there dinnertime. It’s simply got my family talking!

But I know not everyone will make such a drastic choice.

The other night,  we made heart charts (drew what was in our heart). It was such a sweet time. I was going to share it with our dear family friends, but I knew they would never go for painting their beautiful table.

And that’s when I realized: I can give them chalkboard placemats for their table for Christmas! It was fun and easy to make and I enjoyed creating The Family Table Talk Guide {Free Printable}:

[I found $1 hard plastic placemats that had a cool design. I only painted one side, so the back still looks neat].

[I painted mine outside and found it works better with more than one coat].

Add this printable:
The Family Guide: Table Talk

Add some chalk and a festive ribbon:

And give it to someone you love!

Pin It

Comments

this has to be one of the most awesome-est things ever!!! I am SO going to make these!!!! And one idea would be to invest in a pack of chalkboard markers (like they use at coffee shops?) so you don’t have to deal with yucky chalk dust at the table! So awesome!

I love this idea. You are right … I am not brave enough for my whole table. What a great idea.

Ok… so where can I get the chalkboard paint? Lowe’s? Walmart? We are so rural… and behind the times… I wonder if they will have it.

hugs

3. April says

Cute Idea! I think that you could to this with dry erase markers on a plain placemat too if you can’t find chalkboard paint or don’t want to deal with chalk.

4. Jenn says

love, Love, LOVE this idea, Kristen!!! I have a family on my Christmas list that I wasn’t sure what to do with…this is the perfect way to do it! BTW, I’m pinning this.

How well does the table clean off with the chalkboard paint? I love the idea, I just don’t want to worry about it scrubbing off when my kids spill their dinner all over it. ;)

Love the blackboard table top. However it would get our long sleeves all chalky-dirty. I hate that I’m using getting dirty as a reason to not be creative but, clothing is sometimes expensive. LOL I admire your creativity!

7. Amanda B says

They make chalk board contact paper too, that might be a little more washable. I’m going to try it. Thanks for the idea!

I’m the same as Kriswithmany – I LOVE the idea of painting the entire table, however with young kids who frequently spill both wet and dry stuff, I wonder how it would clean up of regularly sprayed with lysol or other household cleaners – would the paint come off eventually? Eagerly awaiting your reply, as this may well be one of the projects near the top of my list for 2012!

at all times been a difficulty, but we decided to put it into law therefore the law enforcement might have one thing to enforce, Troubetaris reported. intent just isn’t to halt any fishing. We respect their rights. But individuals also pay back a couple thousand pounds per yr to put their boats down there. portrays the issue being a vs. Goliath battle in excess of public entry, together with the free fraternity of leisure fishermen as being the underdog against city officers and affluent boaters. In the event the public walkway is prolonged under the bridge later this yr, he reported, that community is going to be open to fishing.Fishery council approves West Coastline ecosystem program
    burberry bags on sale http://www.swiftcrm.net/images/burberry-purses-02.html

Ivory Coast superstar Drogba may perhaps miss Globe Cup on account of injury

AFP Ivory Coast saw off Japan 20 within a [url=http://www.bugattibus.com/]リモワ トパーズ 安い[/url] preWorld Cup friendly on Friday but captain Didier Drogba could miss the Globe [url=http://www.chatdla.com/]リモワ トパーズ ステルス[/url] Cup following suffering a fractured forearm which might possibly retain him out in the event.

Drogba fired house an early deflected freekick but then injured his proper [url=http://www.cunhaemelo.com/]リモワ トパーズ チタニウム[/url] arm and was forced to go off just after just 18 minutes following a seemingly innocuous clash with Brazilianborn Japanese defender Marcus Tulio Tanaka.

Teammate Kolo Toure, who scored the second goal, said: “Of course without Didier Drogba we’re not the same team but we’ve got fine players with abundant qualities.”

Drogba helped the Ivorians open the scoring just 3 [url=http://www.cesarllano.com/]リモワ トパーズ 2輪[/url] previous [url=http://www.cunhaemelo.com/]リモワ トパーズ 32[/url] minutes ahead of going off, hammering goalwards a cost-free http://www.burchoilmd.com/ fine