We have to make our own snow down here in Texas! Here is a really fun project that is easy for the entire family to create.
- Piece of paper
- Canvas-any size
- Elmer’s white glue
- Water colors (can be chalk, liquid, or paint)
- Paint brush and water
We set up a small table as a work area and got our supplies ready.
Steps to Creating a Water Color (Salt) Snowflake: Start here: Cut a large paper snowflake out of computer paper. My kids are actually pros at this and we didn’t use a stencil. But here are a few templates you can print and cut out. Next: Once you have your snowflake cut out and traced onto a canvas, you can follow these easy steps:
1. and 2. Trace entire snowflake with white glue
3. Shake salt over wet glue and knock off excess from canvas (we did this part outside)
4. Mix water colors (we chose to do a rainbow snowflake, but a solid color would look great too)
5. Dip paint brush into water and barely touch the water color to the salted glue
6. Repeat until it’s completed
7. Let it dry and be careful to not tip the canvas, as colors may run
Hang and enjoy! Pin It