I wanted our entire family to create a piece of art that was unique and meaningful. Something to hang in a high traffic area, art to remind us of what we are needing, chasing this year. Our word for the year:
This is something everyone can do! Supplies:
- Art Canvas -whatever size you like (we went big!)
- Vinyl Wall art home -what is your word? You can have any word custom-made.
- Paint-two colors of choice-we love inexpensive, easy-to-clean Apple Barrel Acrylic Craft Paint
- Materials to create texture-be creative! We used things we had on hand: pencil eraser, palm leaf, rubber bands, etc
- Apply vinyl to blank canvas
- Divide canvas into sections; we chose 5 sections because we have 5 people in our family
- Paint over the vinyl word art
- Once canvas dries, decide on your textures. Pictured is a square block with rubber bands twisted all over it
- Use your second color to “stamp” onto canvas. We dipped our block into paint and our youngest stamped in the first column
- In the next section, my son used the eraser of a pencil to create “dots.”
- Our third section is stamped circles created from the lip of a coke bottle.
- I used a palm branch from the front yard to create the fourth section. My husband used a piece of rope in the last column (not pictured above).
- Once the entire canvas is dry, peel off the vinyl letters carefully.