[Have you run out of tips to share? January's suggested theme: share an organization tip, old or new]
I don’t know about you, but I’m on a bit of a cleaning spree. There’s just something about taking down all the Christmas decor that gets me in the mood to purge. I’m out of control. I walk in a room to hang something up and end up reorganizing an entire closet and stumble out an hour later. It’s both awesome and exhausting.
Here are a few tips to get your new year organized:
- Make piles to trash, to keep, to give and then actually trash, keep and give the piles
- Repurpose old furniture for storage solutions (old dresser above without drawers serves as entryway shoe storage and old dining room hutch now stores arts and crafts supplies below).
- Organize up: use vertical space to store and organize (dining room turned home office)
- Focus on one space at a time: it can be overwhelming to tackle the entire house, so do a little at a tim
- Once you’ve got a room organized, don’t allow anyone in it. Kidding! Be realistic and don’t let it snowball out of control again.
What works for you?