A couple of years ago, we turned our rarely used formal dining room into a home office. It’s where I write and do Mercy House. Lo, that office has seen a lot of sweet tea.
Originally, I chose the red and black colors based on the old dining room. I basically coordinated everything with the wall color and existing curtains. It’s been great, but I’ve been wanting to lighten the whole darkish room up for awhile.
With a bit of tax return, the room was repainted and a few changes were made. I love the warm, relaxing feel. This is probably one of the most used rooms in our house. My kids do a lot of homework at the desk and it’s a popular reading spot.
What I changed:
- Wall color-I love the relaxing two tone shades of beige and tan.
- Window treatments-did you know Lowe’s carries extra long drapes?
- Rug-I switched the rugs from my family room and office
- Chair slipcover from Ikea
- Desk skirt and chair covers are a pair of window panels from Walmart (attached to desk with velcro, chair with staple gun)
- I added touches of my Dayspring Ever Grateful dishes from the cupboards to the white china
- Replaced cardboard storage boxes (that were falling apart) with a Set of 6 Foldable Fabric Baskets, Beige
(and wicker baskets from around the house)
- Moved the kid’s old “bookshelf” (old shoe drying rack) from another part of the house, so my kids can read in my chair.
- I’ll tell you all about the Abide art above my comfy chair tomorrow!