The Key to a Good Marriage {Free Printable}

If I could go back and talk to the young wide-eyed girl who thought she knew it all, this is what I’d say:

Dear 22 year old me,

You are about to get married. You don’t have a clue. He’s going to be your soul mate. He’s going to disappoint you. Ultimately, he’s going to teach you how to love.

There are going to be some bumps along the way . There will even be a mountain or two. You will survive. You don’t need more money or more stuff. You need to live every day without regret, love hard, risk more, laugh until it hurts and for pete’s sake, stop cutting your hair so short.

Most of all, be a forgiver.  Because you keep the Great Forgiver pretty busy.

Love,

39 year old me

It’s the best marriage advice I can offer-whether you’re just starting out in your marriage journey or you’ve grown old together: forgive as you’ve been forgiven.

You won’t regret it.

Enjoy this {free} 8×10 Print vdayprintable

Comments

I love that print and quote! My marriage advice to anyone who will listen is “love keeps no record if wrongs”… Forgive. It is the hardest and most worth action in marriage and any relationship. Love your letter to yourself!

I was married this last summer (July 2011) and I was 22.. so this is very applicable to me :) It’s as if I was reading what my future self would write back to me. Loved this :) Thanks! :)

Kate N. says

Kristen this is great! Thanks for sharing.
    And thank you for sharing the letter yesterday. That was amazing. I am so thankful that you continue to allow our Awesome GOD to work through you so that you can reach others.

Kate N.

I pinned this! I’d say my husband and I are both a forgiving quickly with one another. And we always choose our battles wisely. And we try to stay on the same side. :-)

Very well said! I came over from my sisters’s blog, adelightfulglow.com she linked to you today in her post. glad I did – I love that free printable! God Bless

I really needed to see and read this. It’s amazing how God will let you stumble upon things you need when you need them. Thank you for being my blessing today.