Just Because

Iwant to celebrate him just because.

Valentine’s and anniversary’s are shoo-in days when we tell our spouses why we love them.

But it’s the in-between, regular days, that make me love him most. My hubby is awesome just because he…

• Fills my car with gasoline
  • Sets my alarm when I forget
  • Rubs his hands in my hair when I can’t sleep
  • Brings me sweet tea
  • Texts me in the middle of the day
  • Checks my writing for typos
  • Lovingly (and carefully) points them out
  • Cleans up all dog and kid vomit and poop (keeping it real)
  • Warms up my side of the bed
  • He keeps my secret stash of chocolate a secret
And then there are the big things…like him driving 19 out of 24 hours to get to his sister’s bedside when we thought she might not make it. My mother-in-law called to tell me that my husband sat by her bedside and sang to her, read scriptures, peppered her face with kisses (like he does our kids) and told her jokes, hoping it would reach her in her unconscious state. Later, when she started improving, she said she remembered every bit of it.
Y’all.
That’s my man.

What’s something little you love about your spouse?

_____________________________________________________________________

In celebration of those just because moments, here’s 20% off all regular-priced TEES at Union28:
Here are the code details:
1.Your Discount Code is: U28T4U20
2.This code is good for 20% off any regular-priced Union28.net TEES! (Simply enter code at checkout.)
3.This code is valid through 3/31/12

P.S. Union28 is on Pinterest!

Comments

Tonight he took the kids to McD’s on his own birthday so I wouldn’t miss my monthly Bunco night. I’m pretty sure I don’t deserve him.

Putting gas in my van is the first thing I think of. I hate doing that and he knows it. He never complains when I have plans with girlfriends, even if it is two nights in a row that he has to do the bedtime routine. And not once, in all our years of budgeting, has he suggested I go somewhere cheaper to get my haircut or get it cut less frequently.

Sha'rrell Haws says

the list is so long!! He gets up and fixes coffee and brings me a cup to wake me. He comes to my rescue when I lock my keys in the car (or house), even if he’s working he figures a way out. He’s lovingly taken care of me through surgeries, even getting up in the middle of the night to care for our infant grandchild. Slept in a hospital recliner (NOT comfortable) instead of the couch just so he could be closer to me and hold my hand while I tried to sleep. Like you, he takes care of all the poop and vomit, including mine….. I am blessed beyond compare… his love is totally UNconditional…. I don’t know why God chose to bless me w/such a wonderful example of a man but I am sure glad he did!!!! (this is only a PARTIAL list…. there isn’t enough room to list it all!!)

Brenda says

He’s never once asked or even hinted that I should change…not something I have reciprocated unfortunately :(

I love my hubby too! He does so many sweet things for me (the dog poo & vomit thing are huge).
    I know I can count on him to defend me (even when I might be off kilter). He is a STAND BY ME man!

Rachel says

My husband rocks because God made him!

He’s patient, kind, gentle. He’s smitten with our kids. He leaves work early so I can go to band practice on Tuesday nights.
    He leaves work early to help take/pick up the boys from baseball practice if needed.

Then, this: He has a normal 8-5 kind of job. He stayed until after 9:00 Friday night to get a major project done. What he told me was that his Friday evening was already ruined, he didn’t want to ruin the rest of the weekend. He wanted to spend it with us than with work. It made my heart melt, because there have been times when he’s worked all weekend.

Allison says

He’s the first person.. the only person really.. that has given me a glimpse of what God’s love for us must be like. Not because I had a horrible childhood or anything – very much the opposite. But, he fears God, he follows God, and God shows up in how he loves me and forgives me.

Leslee says

The biggest one for me…he makes me laugh like no other. Our son also inherited his great sense of humor. He also does ALL the laundry, cleans up the kitchen when I am just too lazy to do it and never complains. And he buys me English Toffee from the Disney candy shop in Downtown Disney to share because he knows it’s MY favorite! Never asks to buy his favorite to share, just mine. After almost 23 years of marriage I adore my husband! He is truly my best, best friend!

Christy says

I love that other women are jealous of all he does and how just today one of my male coworkers told him that he raises the bar far too high and that other husbands may be held to his standard if he doesn’t stop. I love that he drops off lunch, craft supplies I need for church tonight AND a Starbucks to me at work when he has been up since 2am and is on his way home from work himself. He cooks, cleans and does laundry. And most especially I LOVE watching him with all the littles in our life and to see how much they adore him back. Who wouldn’t love a man who can take care of 5 children and happily does it when he has none of his own.

I returned from a mission trip to Haiti Saturday at 3:00 a.m. When I drug myself out of bed at 9:00, I discovered that my sweet guy had taken our youngest to McDonald’s for breakfast so I could sleep AND had unpacked my bag and done my laundry!

He comes home from work and immediately jumps on the floor wrestling with our kids and gets up and give me a kiss. No matter how bad his day was. If I don’t clean the house or cook dinner or wash the children and he comes home from work to nothing done and me just watching a movie he says, “Thats ok, I am glad you were able to relax.”

My husband is awesome. He comes home to eat lunch with the family everyday, he takes the kids to their doctor appointments so I can have some time to myself. He accompanies me to the doctor because I am a big baby. He cooks dinner most nights, he does the laundry most of the time. He changes the baby’s diapers. He feeds me in bed when I do not feel well. He get’s up in the middle of the night to go get me something to eat even when I am not pregnant. He is great with the kids and he keeps a smile on my face and he constantly makes me feel special and sexy.

my husband is amazing. he, too, does the bodily fluid clean up thing for me whenever he is here for the event. he rubs my feet when they are sore, which is a lot right now at 36.5 weeks pregnant. he buys me my favorite dark chocolates. he gets up with kids in the middle of the night so i can either focus on the nursing baby or get a few extra minutes of sleep when i am pregnant. he tells me he loves me and kisses me more than i could ever even want and we have already been married 10 years – it has never slowed down. he is very patient with my emotional swings.

i love that you write so much about marriage and your husband. it is very encouraging.

my recent post: being brave

I love reading your posts about how much you love your husband and your kids. Too many people complain about their families and don’t appreciate them. Even though you post about other difficult topics, I feel like your blog is a breath of fresh air :)