You’re Worth More {Free Printable}

Two girls, ages 9 and 10, trapped in slavery, trafficked by evil men. Unfortunately, their story is common. There are 1.2 million children trafficked each year.

If you follow Mercy House on Facebook, you’ve watched this amazing event unfold. Six months ago Mercy House was referred a 10 year old child, being abused in unspeakable ways. Although we exist to help pregnant girls, we wanted justice for this child. We couldn’t turn away and we tried to rescue her, but were stopped at every turn.

Maureen and I have grieved for this child. I’m a momma to a girl nearly her age and I just cannot fathom her pain, her life.

Last week, we had another opportunity with the help of two Christian groups we work with to rescue this child. We were able to get her and another child trapped in this ring and are financially supporting these children as they begin a new life! It was a day God ordained and all the right pieces fell into place. Please pray for justice in this situation.

There are so many details that can’t be shared, but only one matters: God cares about the least of these. His eye is on the sparrow.

And while our problems pale in comparison, I think our enemy wants to convince us that we aren’t worth being pursued by God. There are bigger problems, people in worse situations, and even though that’s probably true, it doesn’t change our worth.

I was reading in Matthew about birds. I love how God makes it plain enough for people like me to understand:

“What’s the price of a pet canary? Some loose change, right? And God cares what happens to it even more than you do. He pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don’t be intimidated by all this bully talk. You’re worth more than a million canaries.

You’re worth more than this:

He not only knows every detail of your life, He cares about them. He cares about that crazy dream, that trial with your kiddo, the big fear that keeps you up at night, the lonely marriage you’re in…every detail.

You’re worth more than a million canaries.

He knows. He cares. He is there, in the details of your life.

I don’t know about you, but I need this Word from my Father:

[Enjoy this free 8×10 printable as a reminder]

Your Worth

photo source

Comments

Amy jo says

Thank you for posting this Kristen, your words hit home and I need this today. So glad those girls are safe now. They will be in my prayers along with you and Mercy House.

tiabennett says

I so needed to hear this this morning. Sitting here crying at my desk! Thank you for being obedient (and persistent) and letting God work through you. He spoke to me, through you, this morning!

Thank God that little girl is safe today. Here’s hoping for many more to be free soon!

God is great! Thank you for letting Him do His work through you. May these precious children feel His love with every hug, smile, tear and good deed done by those at Mercy and beyond. They will be in our prayers.

So thankful to hear about God’s good work this morning. Also, this morning, as I am dealing with my tween’s self esteem, this printable is a HUGE blessing! Thank you so much. You’ve helped my heart so much. This will be framed and hanging on her wall when she gets home from school today!

Heather says

Thank you for the printable! I printed two and plan to frame them and put them in my daughters’ rooms!

Leslee says

Thank you Kristen for sharing your heart with us. It is such an encouragement and lets women know that they are never alone. We all have struggles and fears. The fact that you are so willing to share your trials and triumphs is fantastic. Praying for you, your continued journey and these young girls that you are helping.

Megan G. says

What an amazing story.

And you totally just made my day with this printable. One of my favorite verses, and the colors and birds match my daughter’s room perfectly. :) Thanks!

Lauren says

“Are not five sparrows sold for two pence? and not one of them is forgotten in the sight of God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not: ye are of more value than many sparrows. ” Canaries are beautiful, pretty to look at, useful as pets. But Jesus was talking about sparrows – common, rather ugly little creatures.

I really appreciate this post. Thankful of course that you’ve been able to help those girls!
    I’ve struggled a lot with feeling like my trials and sufferings are trivial compared to so much of what goes on in the world. But even with perspective, I still find some problems hard to endure. Thank you for sharing in such a way that you’ve made me feel like all hurts are valid and can be acknowledged.