A Life Transformed

Last summer when we came to Mercy House (*Rehema in Swahili) we had 3 girls. One was so shocked from trauma, she barely spoke. Another was the most detached orphan I had ever seen and then there was Cindy.

She was bitter and disillusioned.

Hardened by extreme poverty and her situation, a scared little girl who was carrying a child she didn’t know if she wanted.

Last night she led the group devotion and every day she leads songs during morning devotion.

She loves her son deeply and is a good mother.

Well, I’ll let her tell you in her own words:

(Grab a tissue)

Comments

Oh Cindy, when you said “My story is long” I thought, mine is too!

God’s plan is good and you’re right, it IS all about God.

I love seeing sweet little Nicholas on your lap. Nicholas is a very special name to me. And you are a very special girl.

Give Kristin a big hug for me!

I see what I saw in young Christians I met in Kenya…though they still don’t have much, they have Jesus – and they are so thankful, because they realize He is all we need!! Thank Cindy for sharing with us. She teaches me to remember to be more thankful ♥

{And thank YOU and Maureen and everyone else for your obedience, love and faithfulness}

Kim says

It’s about loving and forgiving. Wiser words have never been spoken. I could learn much from you, Miss Cindy!

Angela says

Wow..what a wonderful video. Praise God for all that He has done in her life! Thanks for sharing with us, its such an encouragement!

Jamie Garcia says

I have no words. Thank you so much for following God’s plan. That child is alive and well b/c you did.

i love this. thank you for sharing! her story is beautiful. praise the Lord for what He is doing!

hearing her accent makes my heart ache. i miss it.