Suddenly, I’m Longing to Do Laundry

You know those women who love washing and drying and folding their laundry into neat little piles and delivering it happily into drawers and closets throughout the house?

I am not one of them.

I don’t hate laundry, it’s just not stress-relieving for me to do it. Plus there’s my dryer issues. A few years ago, my 15 year old washer died. The dryer was still working, so we have we’ve been mismatched for awhile and lived to tell about it! A couple of months ago, it started shredding straps to tank tops and bras, which is pretty inconvenient and rude.

We proved we were rednecks and duct taped the broken plastic  to keep it going. I’m not proud:

But I’m not complaining, I got a whole new appreciation for “doing laundry” last summer in Kenya. We took one suitcase for our whole family for 3 weeks–I was all “we’re going to live like the people” and we hand-washed until my hands were red and chapped.

People, I am not always smart.

[Next week we're taking four for the family.]

Because I’m a quick learner.

This week (in between selling our home and trying to find a place to come home to after our trip to Kenya), I was chosen to be a Maytag Ambassador. I might have screamed a little when I found out I’m receiving a Bravos XL washer and dryer to review. My kids were all “did we find a place to live??”

“No, but momma’s getting new laundry machines!”

When my kids turn 8, they get a big fat laundry lesson, so I wasn’t the only one squealing!

I’m so excited to be a part of this program because if I know anything, it’s dirty laundry! I can’t wait to share my reviews with you over the next few months.

P.S. We found a house just in the nick of time!

Disclaimer: I wrote this post as a #MayTagMoms Dependable Laundry Ambassador through mom Central Consulting on behalf of Maytag. I was provided with the Maytag washer and dryer set to facilitate my post.

Comments

OMGosh, are you feeling INSANE?
    I’m about to make a major move soon and every day I’m feeling…STRESS!

Luckily, WE get two bags EACH! LOL
    Karen

P.S. LOVE the camo duct tape.

They are giving you a new washer and dryer to keep?! That’s awesome! Mine are nearly 20 years old and still ticking. But we’re leaving them here cause the owners of our new house are leaving theirs (and they are much newer). So glad we kept going with the old. If it still works-keep using it! Who cares what it looks like!

Ami says

I have that washer and dryer, and I LOVE them! They make washing baseball pants a breeze. Congrats on your new home too!

Deb Wilson says

I’m so excited for you!!! and I’m praying for you guys! Praying for strength AND sanity! Keep rebuking the enemy! God’s promises for you will prevail!!!

Nancy says

Congrats!! When God moves, he moves!! We may be looking for a different place to live (much sooner than we thought!)…we had two showings (same people….the woman brought her family to see the 2nd time) in the past week and we don’t even have our house up for sale!! If we do move, we’ll be looking to buy a new washer & dryer so I’m interested to hear what you think of yours. Our current set is only a couple years old but we’ll be leaving them behind because they’re so noisy!! Wish you could hear them working before you buy them.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Wow!
    I’m washer shopping right now…my college son tried to wash ALL OF HIS BEDDING at once and killed my old beat up washing machine.
    I’m drooling over the Bravos XL!! Wowzers, that POWER WASH & GIGANTOR TUB!! Sweet music to my ears.
    Only….I’d like to have a summer break too. $900 is a lot of moola!

Congrats!

{Melinda} That must be SOME washing machine to get you excited about laundry! Actually, I know exactly what you mean. I had a dinosaur of a washer and dryer until about a year ago. Then I finally went and got high efficiency models. I can fit nearly twice the laundry in these bad boys! It’s been wonderful. I’m not exactly EXCITED to do laundry anymore (the thrill wore off quickly) but it does make it a little less torturous!

Congrats … hope you find a place to live soon!

melissa says

I love God. It is awesome to see Him at work. Glad He’s taken a little off your plate before you leave to bless some lucky ladies in Kenya. He is big and good and in charge.

Blessings, Blessings, Blessings to you!

(and your laundry-doing littles! :)

Siebrie says

When we were in Africa we hired a local woman (dh’s sister) to do our laundry for us. It took a great deal of work from our hands and it was a way to give money without actually ‘giving’ it, because she was working for it. There was no visible charity involved, so no jealousy and no shamefacedness.