Why We Have to Try {Free Printable}

If you ever wonder if the impossible is possible, this story is for you.

If you ever wonder if your yes matters and how powerful your no might be, lean in.

If you ever wonder if God still cares for the sparrow and works miracles, keep reading.

It’s been exactly five months since Mercy House found Edith with her 3 day old starving baby, whom she was feeding water from a rag. She named her Hawi (God’s favor in Swahili). We had a house full of girls, were short-staffed and overwhelmed, but we couldn’t say no.

We had an empty bed, support from donors and we had to try.

Maureen, Executive Director of Mercy House, saved their lives that day with her quick response.

This remarkable miracle story is still being talked about at the hospital where she and her baby spent several weeks.

These pictures were taken the day we brought them home to Mercy House:

Maureen realized just how sick this tiny 3 pound premature newborn was after she snapped this picture and rushed them to the hospital.

And yesterday, exactly 5 months later, when this picture hit my inbox, I burst into tears.

Our God is so big.

They are thriving. Edith wants to be a doctor one day. Baby Hawi is healthy and happy and meeting milestones, despite her prematurity.

Two years ago when Maureen and I set out on this wild and scary journey, we had no idea what we were doing. There were no promises of success.

But God didn’t ask us to be successful. He just asked us to try.

And when people see this beautiful picture, they will look past our inadequacies and see WHAT GOD HAS DONE.

And when our fear and doubt surface and the brokenness of our girls overwhelms us, we will remember:

We just have to try. He will do the rest.

And that big frightening mountain looming in front of you? He isn’t asking you to conquer it. He’s just asking you to take that first step.
Why We Have to Try :: FREE 8×10 Printable

Comments

Such a beautiful story of His grace and love! Thank you for sharing this with us and reminding me that all I have to do is try, He is the one Who brings the results. :) {Very encouraging to me as we have stepped out into a new area of ministry to the Hispanic community in our area.}

Many blessings on you, your family and Mercy House!

Jennifer

Oh thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures! God is doing great and mighty things at Mercy House. We are just beyond blessed to be a small part in our support of it. Every time you update us, God reaffirms that this is exactly the ministry He wants us supporting. Our prayers continue to be with you all.
    God is so very very good!

3. Jenn says

Aww…look how far they’ve both come! As a mom of a preemie, the change in Hawi is fabulous!!! (I know you are well aware of that also). Thanks for sharing a little bit of Mercy House with us.

4. Michelle says

Just so awesome to look at those pictures. Thank you for sharing your Mercy House stories. Inspires me to step out of my comfort zone for our big and awesome God.

Wow! The transformation is amazing and wonderful!!! Praise God! I am so thankful that you are willing to “try”. May we all do the same. I will pray for you and your family. :)

6. Cara says

I have not been able to get that story out of my mind since you first posted about it months ago. I prayed regularly that they were doing well. I cannot say how happy I am to see that they are both thriving! It is truly a load off my mind and heart.

7. ERIKA says

Praise God!! how beautiful both woman and baby Hawi wow same baby, Praise God for his mercy and healing.