I like to talk about mothering on Labor Day weekend.
That’s why it’s a holiday, right? Because moms work really hard.
Y’all, don’t burst my bubble.
So, I made a list.
- Lo, there will be much wiping
- The words “Working mother” are the same thing
- Your baby really is cuter than other people’s
- The bathroom will be your home office
- Birthdays don’t age you, kids do
- Kids wait until you get on the phone to ask you questions
- You will keep a running list of items that won’t flush
- You know what to do if you have a tire blowout, it’s the diaper blowouts, that will kill you in the end
- Whoever said not to cry over spilled milk, has obviously never pumped their own
- You need to carry wet wipes with you for the rest of your life
- You will wear your maternity jeans home from the hospital
- You wake up one day and realize your mom was right about everything
- Your kids will do all the things you said they wouldn’t
- When you have a daughter, your accessories will mysteriously disappear
- What they say is true: If mama ain’t happy…. no one is
- Those “last ten pounds” will keep you warm in the winter
- Your kids will hurt your feelings
- Your kids will make you feel amazing
- The will do both in the same day
- You wouldn’t trade your unpaid and overworked job for all the money in the world
What would you add?