And Then God Took Over

In 24 hours, we raised $10,000 for Violet’s surgery!

Officially. Blown. Away.

I was discouraged yesterday. My hubby and I felt it heavy, just the burden and the weight of it all.

I was in tears, as I asked my parents over dinner (who are an amazing support) if I would always feel so inadequate at this God-sized dream. “Will I wake up one day and know what to do next?” They reminded me to focus on today. God holds tomorrow.

I have plans and ideas and I try so hard to figure out “the how.”  I feel pressure because important people ask me for a 3-year plan and for a business overview and then they tell me to be more efficient and I feel efficient because I only cried once, answered a few email, Skyped with Maureen, read with my 5 year old, organized some volunteers and I put dinner in the crock pot-allinoneday. Ya know?

But then tomorrow is here.

And God takes over.

I like the way He does things.

p.s. We will be selling the Beautiful Feet t-shirts and crosses until they are gone. The proceeds will go to the medical fund at Mercy House…we see some more baby births in our future! Thank you for being a part.

Comments

Jenn says

“Praise God from whom all blessing flow;
    Praise Him, all creatures here below;
    Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
    Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.”

It is soo hard to focus on just the today. …and I think that is human nature. We are dealing with the hurricane and it seemed like everyone around us was completely freaking out about what COULD happen, especially because just over a year ago our area experienced incredible flooding. I forced myself to just focus on the today (yesterday) and to just prepare a little bit instead of worrying about what MIGHT happen.

I sometimes wonder how God can work these days, with all the constraints we put on him: business plans, mission boards, higher degree requirements, etc. I don’t think any of the prophets of old would have fared well in these times. :) But you’re serving God as you read to your little ones and they enjoy your presence, you’re serving Him as you prepare food for your family and you “put the love in,” and you’re serving Him when you write blog posts in hopes of making a young woman’s life better. Thanks for all you do…and for being His instrument, even on the rough days.

“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Cor. 12:9

Amazing. On a different level, had this same experience with Orphan Sunday plans at our church. Why do we repeatedly try to do things in our own power. His way, His way,His way!

Love it!

Carol Darden says

Oh Kristen, I am in tears this morning at the office!!! WHAT A MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!!! And that’s just it. We serve HIM and when we leave all things in His hands – AMAZING things happen. Bless you for your obedience to hear and do and to let Him guide. Love you, girl!

Karen says

He is just laying a trail of faith. You will have to/get to look back on this many, many times in the future and it will remind you!

SO excited to get to see God working and getting to be a small part!

Heather says

That’s wonderful news! And you know – as nice as a three year plan sounds and all, I think of this scripture:

Proverbs 16:9
    In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

It’s not a bad idea to have a plan, some ideas, but ultimately it is saying, “Your will be done, Lord” that is going to make things happen. He’s got this, Kristen! :)

Blessings!

Kristen, Don’t EVER let Satan tell you that you aren’t making a difference! Obviously, God is doing awesome things through you! I pray that you will rejoice in living out his purpose for your life, and silence satan in his tracks if he tells you anything else.

You may be inadequate, but He is not. He has made it clear (raising nearly $10,000 in 24 hours?!?) that this is His plan…so it cannot fail…Acts 5:38-39 “Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God.”