WFMW: Ten Books that Will Make Your Marriage Better

1. For Women Only: What You Need to Know about the Inner Lives of Men
  2. Love & Respect: The Love She Most Desires; The Respect He Desperately Needs
  3. The Good Girl’s Guide to Great Sex: (And You Thought Bad Girls Have All the Fun)(her)
  4. NIV Couples’ Devotional Bible
  5. Men Are Like Waffles–Women Are Like Spaghetti: Understanding and Delighting in Your Differences
  6. Sheet Music: Uncovering the Secrets of Sexual Intimacy in Marriage
  7. For Men Only: A Straightforward Guide to the Inner Lives of Women
  8. Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man’s Soul (him)
  9. Every Man’s Battle: Winning the War on Sexual Temptation One Victory at a Time (The Every Man Series) (him)
  10. Have a New Husband by Friday: How to Change His Attitude, Behavior & Communication in 5 Days (her)

*Amazon links
What works for you?

Comments

Thank you for sharing these! I just posted my book choices for this year and my “As a Wife” section was lacking. I’ve read a few of these but will be adding the rest to my list. I’ve read through your story and I appreciate your honesty and venerability. Thank you for the encouragement and example. Blessings!

It’s kind of funny, as a marriage blogger who has read entirely too many marriage books, I actually haven’t read several of those! I guess I’ll have to add them to my very long book list!

My favorite marriage books right now are Tim Keller’s The Meaning of Marriage and Paul Tripp’s What Did You Expect? Gary Thomas’ Sacred Marriage is also great.

Thanks for sharing about these great marriage resources. I’ve read a few of them, but not nearly enough of your list. Also, thanks for this great link-up, Kristen!

4. Melissa says

At our church we are doing Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage by Mark Gungor. It has us laughing so hard. I think he is on You Tube so check it out! Thanks for posting those books :)

I have read #2 and it truly changed the way I thought and made a huge difference in our marriage. I read parts of it to my husband and it was like we finally got this piece of marriage that we’d been totally missing. I even read parts to my mom that gave her insight that she loved – even after almost 30 yrs of marriage! Since then, I’ve wanted to read more, but wasn’t sure which ones. Thanks so much for the list!

Thank You! I appreciate you sharing your list of marriage books that you recommend. I love to read books on being a godly wife, mother and Christian. Some of these I have not read yet, but will look into! Have you read Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas?

7. Colleen G. says

Honest question here about Everyman’s Battle- (I don’t know anyone in real life who has read it) Is it more than just a glorified “try harder not to” kind of book? After reading the wide variety of reviews at Amazon I can’t tell. I hope the question isn’t to insulting but the person I know that could benefit from it has already failed at the “try harder not to” route and needs real fighting power.

• kristen says

Honestly, this book (Every Man’s Battle) is a must read for every man…those who are trapped and those who aren’t. It’s eye-opening and gives practical solutions to fight temptation.

• Megan says

I’m in agreement that it’s a great book, but I will add the obvious — they have to WANT to fight it. My husband read the book and said it was great — but nothing changed. If the desire to change is not there, I’d say prayer is where you need to start. I know it’s all I’ve got!

[url=www.falcoprojects.com/]www.falcoprojects.com/[/url]
    [url=http://www.falcoprojects.com/]ジェフリーキャンベル スニーカー[/url]
    弊社は今人気の売れ筋ブランドのシューズ,アグ ブーツ メンズ、アディダス オリジナルス、クラークス デザートブーツ、ジェフリーキャンベル 厚底、ティンバーランド アースキーパーズ、ドクターマーチン 8ホール、エアジョーダン バッシュ、マイケルコース 靴、レッドウィング アイリッシュセッターなどを 通販中
    [img]http://www.falcoprojects.com/includes/templates/falcoprojects/images/brand/top03.jpg[/img]
    http://www.falcoprojects.com/ティンバーランド アウトレット