What’s Inspiring Me This Week

Do you ever wake up feeling like I was made for more than this?

This overwhelming pile of laundry.

This underpaid job I hate.

This sadness I can’t shake.

You feel that was because you were made for more.

“As long as you are alive, God wants you to go further, dig deeper, and draw closer to him. Every dream or desire you have that comes from God is an invitation for more intimacy with him.” -Holley Gerth.

This is the book–the guide– I needed 3 years ago, when I took the first step towards the dream that was so much bigger than my ability. I’ve had a lot of time to catch up on my ever-growing pile of nightstand books this week. You’re Made for a God-Sized Dream: Opening the Door to All God Has for You is inspiring me this week! I’m highlighting and nodding my head and learning. Because dreaming isn’t just for the crazy (me) or brave (not so much), it’s for everyone who breathes. God has more for you and when you dream, you are changed. And when you stare in the face of something so big is scares the soup out of you, He is there and nothing is bigger than God. Even the impossible.

I’m a firm believe in filling up on the Word, and books that inspire me to love God more.

Also on my nightstand this week:

Table Life – Savoring the Hospitality of Jesus in Your Home -Table Life is a call to transform the daily routine of eating meals into a celebration of loving connections and spiritual nourishment.

Redeeming Love -It’s been years since I’ve read this fictional retelling of Hosea and Gomer. I love this story of redemption. For every non-fiction book I read,  I always have an open fiction book, too.

What are you reading?

Comments

Carey Richmond says

Do you know how I can get my hand on a copy of Table Life? Amazon doesn’t have it right now!

Cristy Carnes says

I just found your blog by way of Pinterest and I am in love! Thank you for a beautifully inspirational blog! I just finished Let. It. Go by Karen Ehman and it was GREAT! I am about to revisit Made to Crave. I am also reading The Makers Diet. I would love a good fiction book so I will have to check out Redeeming Love.

I just finished Quiet by Susan Cain and it was fantastic. Nonfiction, and honestly one of the best books I’ve ever read. It has changed the way I think about myself, my kids, my husband, and pretty much everything, in terms of our personalities, what we value, and what makes us tick. A definite must-read. I think you would find it fascinating, too. Now I’m reading my first Anne Lamott book, Traveling Mercies, and while it is irreverent (as promised), it is also reminding me that God can find us anywhere. I’m really enjoying it.

“Kisses From Katie” by Katie Davis is amazing. I also recently finished “A Generous Justice” by Timothy Keller, “7″ and “Interupted” by Jen Hatmaker (also amazing), “Follow Me” by David Platt and “Anything” by Jennie Allen. All good stuff.

Heather says

I’m working through a group study of BRAVE by Angela Thomas, Fearless by Max Lucado, and just started GRACE by Richard Paul Evans. I’m like you with my many books going on at once, and add my journaling and Bible time, I could spend all day with my head in a book.
    Just a side note on a fun and quick read: A Winter’s Dream by Richard Paul Evans. I just finished it. It’s a modern day story of Joseph and the coat of many colors. I found it thought-provoking and kept referring to the Old Testament to find the similarities and the spins that the author had on certain events.
    Thanks for sharing your reads!

Kim a says

I just got over being blown away by One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer. Working on Graceful but Emily Freeman and Artificial Maturity by Tim Elmore.

Robin T says

Reading Prayer: Finding the Heart’s True Home by Richard Foster with the (in)Courage Bloom book club, and also Brene Brown’s Daring Greatly, and The Read Aloud Handbook (forgot the author) about the importance of still reading aloud to our kids even after they can read themselves. Highly recommend all!

Kristy K says

For fiction, I just finished the God’s and Kings series by Lynn Austin – soooo good! I see the Old Testament in a whole new way! For non-fiction, The Beautiful Fight by Gary Thomas – a good, thoughtful book about living out Christ’s work.

Lori says

Not heard of Redeeming Love before – I’m on it!
    I’m reading The Remarkable Record of Job by Henry Morris; and the Bride Wore White by Dannah Gresh and The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
    that’s quite the mix isn’t it?

Redeeming love changed my life. Powerful story. Fiction-I have been reading “A Collection of Amish Romances-What the Heart sees” by Kathleen Fuller. I’m from Indiana…so their are quite a few Amish.

Jendra says

I’d recommend Ruth Uncensored by Jeff Ell for those dealing with bitterness. It hurt to read, but it was ohhh so good! Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman. My husband just got done reading Hope Unseen by Scotty Smiley (he read the whole thing in days…which is a HUGE deal for him) and can’t say enough good about it.

Lynnebee says

I am currently reading Because He Loves Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick. I have been saved almost 30 years, and this book has made me dig deeper and encouraged me to live a “better” Christian life. I really don’t know how to explain it. I am imagining it will hit each person differently. For fiction, I have been reading criminal justice books by Randy Singer. I lived in VaBeach and knew of him, so I am enjoying reading about characters and places I’ve known :-)